• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cark Street

flossiefoster

master brummie
I found a street in Birmingham called Cark Street. It was mentioned in the 1861 Warwickshire census image no. RG9 PN:2133 FN: Page:116

Does anyone know where this street was?
Many thanks

I found a street in Birmingham called Cark Street. It was mentioned in the 1861 Warwickshire census image no. RG9 PN:2133 FN: Page:116

Does anyone know where this street was?
Many thanks
ive never heard of it could you give us the name and year of birth of the person you are looking up on the 61 census...i have heard of a clark st though and from memory it was/is in ladywood

lyn

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly, everyone. I was looking up to find a family called Sanders on The Genealogist but found them living in Cark Street and this had been repeated for each of the family members. From what you say and from what I saw on the transcripts, it must have been a transcription error by the transcribers for the genealogy company. How they managed to read Cark for Clark, I can't imagine but then there are often transcription errors. Thank you for your help.

There is only 1 problem - I can't see any people called Sanders listed in Clark Street.
Perhaps a few more details about one or 2 family names might help solve the mystery.

There is a family of Sanders (Isaiah) in Osler Street a few pages before Clark Street and in the same volume.

Back