• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Can this be my Great Grandparents Marriage

Billbo

Brummie babby
Can someone give me some guidance

i am searching for my great grandparents marriage in Ancestry

My Great Grandfathers name is John Adams and he married Charlotte, i have found a John Adams that Married Charlotte Douglass in the third quarter of 1874. the only thing is my John Adams by this time had 2 children one born in 1869 and one born in 1872, according to the 1891 Cencus,

could they have had two children before they married??

I know that this is possible but is it a likely event in the 1870's

Bill Barnett:frown:

Oh yes Bill many "before marriage" children were born in the 1870's as are today.

My own great Grandparents had all 8 of their children then married a year before he died!!!!

She then went on to live with another man and called herself his wife.......... but they never married :friendly_wink:

Thanks rowan

the two children born before they wed are adams is this usual as well

thanks again
Bill

My family all took their Fathers name of Smith so in our case yes it was usual.

I suppose because GGrandmother called herself Mrs Smith that's what she put on the birth certificate and GGrandfather went along with it :rolleyes:

Perhaps he was a widow left with the two children? It would tell you on the marriage certificate. That would probably explain the surname of the children.

Have you had a look at Familysearch? It's free to use. Happy searching!!

rosie.

Thanks Both

going to have to invest another £9 to further my Quest

Thanks again

Bill:tongue:

Back