• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Busts and other objects

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
Recently, I went around the museum taking photos of the various busts and other objects in there.

This set includes my previous exterior shots of BMAG Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.

Statue of John Bright

Bust of David Cox by Peter Hollins

Bust of Charles Watson-Wentworth, 2nd Marquis of Rockingham

Buddha in the Buddha Gallery (before the Edwardian Tea Room)

There is a room near the Great Charles Street Queensway entrance with a school room.
A corridor with objects such as these:

Penny farthing

1970s parking meter

In one of the modern galleries

A mural of Villa Park

Thanks for posting the busts Ellbrown. Had a look at your photos of the Council House and surrounding areas on Flick'r as well.
Always enjoy seeing your photos.

Glad you like them.

The only major updates I've had of Victoria Square last year was when the Queen Victoria statue had a new septre put on.
Other times is the odd event that takes place in the square (such as those Austin cars that were outside the Council House last time I went into the Art Gallery).

I mostly prefer these days to get shots in the suburban areas (not that I mind the city centre - just taken it so many times, there isn't much new apart from temporary things or building sites).

I enjoyed the photos in the Egyptian section of the Museum, thanks for posting them. I must go and see those Mummies again!!
rosie.

No problem rosie.

Once the Birmingham History Galleries opens, would be good to see what they put in there.

I found one Egyptian Mummy / coffin at Dollman Street.

I went to the Pharoah: King of Egypt travelling exhibition in Gas Hall today. All objects comes from the British Museum on a travelling tour around the country.

I've also recently been to Naples in Italy where I went to the National Archaeological Museum of that city. (mostly Roman statues from Pompeii and Herculaneum).

Back