• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Building, Feature Or Location Identification Please

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
Please post images on this thread of
- any buildings for which you would like the original purpose identified
- any street or building feature you'd like help with
- any location you're struggling to identify.

Once identified, the posts will be moved to an appropriate thread. Many thanks. Viv.

I have two buildings whose purpose I should like to identify

Firstly this one on the Coventry Road
image.jpeg
Update. Building identified as The Brighton Arms and is now posted to here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/pubs-on-the-coventry-road-small-heath.3064/page-3#post-602523

Secondly, this one on Soho Road

image.jpeg

Update. Building identified Soho Road Billiard Hall and now has its own thread here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/soho-road-billiard-hall.48195/#post-602548

Last edited:
Not a building but more a location being sought, where is this letter box located? I tried asking this question elsewhere but the answers added nothing more to what I already thought though I am still not one hundred per-cent sure I am right. I know that some posters on here have already given their thoughts, but I would like to see of anybody else comes up with the same answer as myself. I have to warn you that it is not as easy as it looks. The photo was taken 79 years ago in 1938.

1938 (2).jpg

n025.gif

Not a building but more a location being sought, where is this letter box located? I tried asking this question elsewhere but the answers added nothing more to what I already thought though I am still not one hundred per-cent sure I am right. I know that some posters on here have already given their thoughts, but I would like to see of anybody else comes up with the same answer as myself. I have to warn you that it is not as easy as it looks. The photo was taken 79 years ago in 1938.

View attachment 118958

Any chance of getting a better scan of the shop over the road it should be possible to check the kelly,s directory's

horsencart

I've tried all that and came up with zilch. Perhaps if give my attempt of the location and my reasons you might be able to either agree or disagree. Look at the map I attach, I came up with either A or B as the location for the letterbox and in the end I plumped for B because of the similarity of the doorway in the attached image that looks very like the one across from the letterbox and it also as far as I can see ticks all the other boxes.

colmore row[1].jpg church st.JPG

Back