• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brooklyn Technical College

I watched Brooklyn Tech being built on the corner of Aldridge Road/Beeches Road. It opened in June 1954.
index.php

Today it has an additional block and is now named the James Watt College and the junction naturally has more street furniture.
index.php

I went to Brooklyn Technical college in the late 1970's. Do you remember the mature staff,

Miss Hill who was a hippy or dressed like one? She taught English Literature.

My Sister Sue Naughton was I believe Deputy Principal in the 80s/90s. Unfortunately she passed away on 9th December, and her son Philip also died 3 days later. The funeral is on Jan 19th at Streetly Crematorium. I don't usually use Social Media so I am not sure how to get this to any of her former colleagues or Students. Can anyone help please?

My Sister Sue Naughton was I believe Deputy Principal in the 80s/90s. Unfortunately she passed away on 9th December, and her son Philip also died 3 days later. The funeral is on Jan 19th at Streetly Crematorium. I don't usually use Social Media so I am not sure how to get this to any of her former colleagues or Students. Can anyone help please?
hello rod condolances on your most recent losses...thats very sad....as this is the brooklyn tech thread i think this was the best place to post the funeral details which maybe spotted by former students and colleagues

lyn

Back