• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brookfields Ellen Street School

claire-brum71

master brummie
This is a class photo of my Grandad taken in 1930/1931 at Ellen Street School, did anyone's family go there during those years, maybe they are in the photo??

My Grandad is in the third row back, fourth from the right, handsome little chappy wasn't he :)

he was a handsome little chap wat a lovley picture, i know noone in the photo but just thought i would comment, where is ellen st school

What a brilliant photograph, my late nan could well be on there too.

Ellen street was in Brookfields the four streets that bounded the school were
Pitsford Street, George St West, Prescott Street and Ellen Street, it wasn't far from the Mint in Icknield Street, the school was destroyed in WW11 by bombing.

It would be nice if she was Dib, took me a while to work out which one was my late Grandad, but got there eventually, wasn't sure if it was my nan at first as i've never seen the picture before, found it whilst searching threw my late Nans things, also found his school report from Burberry Street, amazing things to have :)

Grandad was born 1925 he lived on Ellen Street for some time. I only clicked it would be him when an old neighbour said oh i went to Ellen Street same as your Grandad, then i knew it was him, just had to find him lol

Do you know there is a distinct possibility that she is on the far left second row, looks exactly like my cousin Susan (her daughter), can you tell me please, there seems to be some sort of distortion on the posted image going down on the left hand side, is that on the original photograph too, or just on the scan?

It's a scan of the original, i don't quite know why it's gone distorted, didn't realise when i did it, i'll see if i have the original and rescan it, if not will get dad to do it later for me if it's at his, be great if it is her. I notice none of them look particularly happy lol

hi
i never went to ellen st school for schooling, but i went there
as a page boy with four brides maids ,at my aunty mauds wedding
when she married a billy smart and the wedding party took off from white house st
aston by the albion pub from her mothers
that was the year of 1950 was the year i ever been to ellen st school
never been since .
have a nice day folks best wishes astonian ;;

My step mother went to Ellen St in 1907 and was taught by a Miss Holmes. Sorry no photo. Miss Holmes went on to teach at Camden St school, and taught me needlework during the 1950's. she was a tyrant.

Ellen Street, Hockley. I think that my mother is 3rd row, sixth from the right handside with a white bow in her hair.

Ellen street school2.jpg

HI CAROLINA
I Bet that as taken afew years back niceto see old ellen street again our maggie on the forum used to go to that school
do you know what street she lived in all those years ago better still do you know what year it was taken;
have your self a nice day best wishes Astonian;

hi captain ;
so we both went to the same school what year did you leave can you recall any of the school teachers or pigion eyes kitchen or old joey
remember that little tuck shop across the rd did you ever have those school tokens for the busses i had red and green and blue ones
all my mates was from anditon street ladywood and of course springfield st and kingedwards rd can you recall any other names
my two cousins was from across the rd in ford street bryan and barry phelps they was a year up than me and abit older and they left beore me
and regarding ellen street school i lost count as to how many girls i snogged behind that school good old days for me at least best wishes Astonian;;;;

Back