• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Britannia Metal Manufacturers

Shortie

master brummie
Is there a company listed under the name of Scragg please in White's? I have a faamily member who described himself as BM manufacturer, but wondered if he did indeed work for himself or not. He was not short of money, so he may have had a small business.

Thanks to both Horsencart and ColinB for these. The family lived at Tindal Street for a long time - around 20 years I believe, and probate records say he was an electroplater. interesting stuff this, because I now have more things to look up. Perhaps George's wife (my 2 x gt grandmotehr's sister) ran the shop?

Thanks again chaps.

Shortie

the 1862 directory lists Scragg George (Scragg & Co) as living at 44 Tindall St, and also lists Scragg & Co ,Scotland St Works, electroplaters

Thank you Mike. Another bit of the puzzle in place. This is most definitely the man I am looking for, the later one I believe is his son.

Cheers

Shortie

Back