• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bordesley Green Chapel

Paul D

master brummie
Hi, I have just been told by a family member that my great grandfather's sister and husband were chapel wardens at Bordesley Green Chapel. I would say this would be around the early 1900s. Where would this chapel have been exactly? Thanks.

hi paul...sorry i dont know of a chapel in bordesley green but maybe other members can help...there was st andrews parish church which is no longer there..demolished in the 1980s

lyn

There was a Baptist chapel in Victoria st and St Pauls may have had a chapel, here's a couple of pictures which I hope you will enjoy...

Attachments

• baptist church in victoria st..jpg
    baptist church in victoria st..jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 14
  • ST PAULS BORDESLEY GREEN.jpg
    ST PAULS BORDESLEY GREEN.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
Postie, I have found out the chapel was Baptist so perhaps it was the one you posted a picture of. Is the building still there?

Hello Paul, I can't tell you for sure as I don't live in Birmingham any more, but I am sure that one of our members will know...

Could we be talking about the Newbridge Baptist Church on Yardley Green Road, it's still there today.

Newbridge Baptist Church Yardley Green Rd.jpg newbridge baptist church.JPG

Lovely pictures Phil but I am leaning towards the Victoria Street chapel as my distant relatives were helping out there around 1900. The Newbridge Church was built in 1930. Thank you everyone.

Very interesting Vivienne. I just had a look on Google street walk, seems the chapel in Victoria St still exists but has a different faith connected to it now. The building looks like it has had a renovation recently.

Back