• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bolton/Boulton Henry W

sylvia

proper brummie kid
Looking for Henry W Bolton/Boulton born 21.01.1896 at 29 Smith St. Aston, parents Emily Wright & Henry Bolton. Emily died shortly after Henry was born and he was brought up by his maternal grandparents, Thomas & Sarah Wright. In the 1901 census they were living at 197 Bloomsbury Street, Nechells and in 1911 at 36 Lingard St.Aston. He was then 15 working as an upholsterer.
Does anyone have Henry in their family tree as I would love to know what became of him ?

Re: Henry W Bolton/Boulton

theres a henry william bolton with nellie bolton living at 7 alcester street from 1920 - 1930

just found something else sylvia which may mean the above is the wrong person.

death of henry wright bolton 1983 in bham. birth date 25 jan 1896 which is almost exactly the date of birth you gave.

henry wright-boulton and dorothy irene wright-boulton living back 31 cranbury st. in 1935
1939 as above
1945 now listed as 1 back 31 cranbury st.
1955 henry, dorothy and john w. boulton living 24 fowler st.

the marriage was henry wright to dorothy gardner in 1919 jul-sep aston.

Shera You are a star. thanks very much for the info. It gives me a great lead

hi there can you please advise what direction to go to view the information you found on henry wright -boulton

henry wright-boulton and dorothy irene wright-boulton living back 31 cranbury st. in 1935
1939 as above
1945 now listed as 1 back 31 cranbury st.
1955 henry, dorothy and john w. boulton living 24 fowler st.

Hi there can you please advise where to look for the information 0n henry w boulton
thanks

these are from electoral rolls which can be viewed on midlands historical data site. you have to pay to view on this site

Looking for Henry W Bolton/Boulton born 21.01.1896 at 29 Smith St. Aston, parents Emily Wright & Henry Bolton. Emily died shortly after Henry was born and he was brought up by his maternal grandparents, Thomas & Sarah Wright. In the 1901 census they were living at 197 Bloomsbury Street, Nechells and in 1911 at 36 Lingard St.Aston. He was then 15 working as an upholsterer.
Does anyone have Henry in their family tree as I would love to know what became of him ?
Hi sylvia new to this forum so may be missing replies or postings .can you enlighten me on reasons for looking henry w boulton please.
thanks

I am Henry Wright Boulton` son John W Boulton mentioned in one of the previous threads. There are three surviving children all born in Cranbury Street. For the record the family surname is Wright-Boulton which came out a confusion between Wright (his christened forename but used by him as his surname throughout his childhood) and his proper name of Boulton at the time of his marriage to Dorothy my Mother. His date of birth is 25th January 1896. Who are you Sylvia and what is the interest in Henry W Boulton?

My gt.grandparents were Sarah & Thomas Wright. My grandmother was Elizabeth Wright sister to Emily Henry's mother. When researching my family history there didn't seem to be much info about what happened to Henry and I wanted to complete my family tree.
Regards Sylvia

I am John the Son of Henry Bolton. He spent most of his life as Henry Bolton including five years in the army but due to a mix up when he married Dorothy Gardner from London the married name became Wright-Boulton. I had two Brothers and two Sisters and it would appear that we are related

Back