• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Birchfield Road Primary School

hi jantam do you remember the names of any of your fellow pupils

lyn
Hi, I can only really remember those who lived near me in Teddington Grove. They were Christina Karski, Susan Street, Carol Carter, Michael Tongue & Tina Browning.

Hi, I can only really remember those who lived near me in Teddington Grove. They were Christina Karski, Susan Street, Carol Carter, Michael Tongue & Tina Browning.
thanks jantam none of the names i am looking for

lyn

Yes that's right miss Ashmore! Can't remember any other teachers names can you jog my memory?
I was at Birchfield from January 56 until 1962 during which time there were quite a few teachers from Wales - a Mr, Mrs and Miss Jones (not related!) and Mr Bowsher. Mr MacDonald (lovely man) those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

I was at Birchfield from January 56 until 1962 during which time there were quite a few teachers from Wales - a Mr, Mrs and Miss Jones (not related!) and Mr Bowsher. Mr MacDonald (lovely man) those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Thank you, Mr Bowsher I recognised straight away. Wish I had a photo to put a face to the name.

It's strange the things that come back to you. I remember a sweet shop just to the right of the school that my mom used to take me in & treat me to some chocolate occasionally. There was a large block of chunky chocolate that they would break pieces off & sell it to you by the ounce in a paper bag.

Hi Ross. Long time since there was a contact, email inca.bradbury at sky.com .Graham
Thank you for post on the forum. We strongly advise members not to post their personal email addresses on the thread. Your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud, and identity theft. If you wish other members to contact you, then its best if you advise them to use the “Start Conversation” facility we provide. This then protects you and your privacy.

Hi I was in class with Iommi and Ozzie also price Colbert cooper chapman will remember others later also remember teachers Lennie Lowe music Taylor up in the attic room

Hi I was in class with Iommi and Ozzie also price Colbert cooper chapman will remember others later also remember teachers Lennie Lowe music Taylor up in the attic room
I think you mean Birchfield Senior boys school? Ozzy Osborne and Tony Iommi didn't go to Birchfield Road Juniors.

There is a separate thread if you search for Birchfield Secondary Modern School.

I am Carole Carter’s brother, Terry and I also attended BRPS from 1952-58.
We lived at 113 Teddington Grove.

Back