• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birchfield Road Primary School

A Sparks

master brummie
Birchfield Road Primary in Perry Barr (an earlier poster mentioned the senior boys) which was demolished in the mid 60's and where part of the University of Central England (now Birmingham City University) now stands.
There was a badge but I can't quite remember what it looked like exactly other than it had BRPS in gold (?) letters across it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, My first school was "Birchfield Road Infant and Junior" which was on the site now occupied by Birmingham City University. Mags

hi tospy thanks for posting that cracking pic of birchfield school...i used to have this one but it was not so good as the one you have posted..just noticed the co of bill switchgear which was in aston lane..

lyn
Edit. Photo has been lost.

Thanks from me too Topsy!!
That's the best photo of Birchfield Road School I've ever seen (I was at the Junior and Infants).
Brings back so many memories!

Have you any idea what year that was taken?

Thanks Topsy will show that photo to Pete when he gets back. To think my mom went there all those years ago and she broke her leg in that very playground. Jean.

Nice photos of Birchfield Road School. I was at Canterbury Road School and my first job was in the office at Bill Switchgear.

Where was Bill Switchgear Charlie. I remember that name but can't picture where it was.

Judy

hi judy bill switchgears is visible in topsys pic 363...it was in aston lane...

lyn

This is Birchfield Rd school c.1927/8. The figure arrowed at the back is Bobbie Poole (1917-33), brother of my late father Roger Poole (1923-2013). Let me know if you find this photo useful.

Attachments

• 1927:8 Birchfield Rd schoo, Perry Barr. Bobby 4th L back.jpg
    1927:8 Birchfield Rd schoo, Perry Barr. Bobby 4th L back.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 66
Great photo of Birchfield Road School, Robert. But I couldn't open those on your post # 93

Judy

Hello Herbie, Your post brings lots of memories of the teachers with their nicknames. Yes that blackboard rubber from Toots taylor. I was there from 1958 to 1963 so you may not remember me.

Hello Howard, Ross Muller here, loved your memories of Birchfield Road School, it would be great if a reunion of the boys in the early 60's could be arranged

thanks sparks..lovely to see that the lads have never forgotten their roots and are proud of where they came from...summer land also got a mention:)

lyn

Back