• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Bethany Nursing Home.

Trace2305

Hi

My mom is currently trying to find out about her late brothers birth place (1947).

He was born in what we belive to be Bethany Nursing Home, 1211 Bristol Road South. When I have researched this, I struggle to find any information about this. I know now it is currently flats or apartments.

Does anybody have any information on this or can anyone remember it?

Thank you :)

I was born at Bethany Nursing Home Bristol Road South but unfortunately as my parents have passed away I don’t have any information about the home.

In 1939 it seems to be a private house. Listing in Kelly's directory and on eroll show an Edward Harper living there. Unless they ran the nursing home.
It doesn't seem to have an entry in phone books either - I checked 1947 and 1950

Last edited:
Yes - the address is listed under Northfield on the erolls but the ony mention I can find of "Bethany Nursing Home" is in birth announcements.

The home is listed in the 1946 Kellys

ScreenHunter 6591.jpg
In the 1949 volume it is listed as William Moorman, hostel

In 1944 it is just Mrs Harper.
So it was not long used as a nursing home

Back