• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Benjamin Family - Searching for my Father

T

T3Kaos

Hi

My name is Jean-Brunel Webb-Benjamin and I was born in Birmingham Children's Hospital on 20th December 1980. My mother is Jacqueline Webb and my father Glenville Augustus Benjamin. He was incarcerated in Winson Green when I was around 3 or 4 (1983 onwards perhaps). I have been searching for him for years and I can get no information on where he is from anywhere. I've always wanted to know my who my father was and is; and now I have children of my own and I want them to know their Grandfather.

If anyone has any information whatsoever please let me know.

Thanks

JB Webb-Benjamin
www.myspace.com/t3_kaos

Welcome JB:) I can't help you myself on this one, but when your post is seen I'm sure you will get some help.

Hi Jean: Welcome to the forum. I hope that you will be able to trace your father soon. Can you let us know where you have been searching up to now please? Good luck and thanks.

Am not certain but I think if you write to your local probation service and outline your situation and make an appointment with them providing them with records of whom you are e.g. birth certificate with fathers name .. they may be able to liase with other probation offices or prison service...

because of THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ETC .. THEY WILL - IF FATHER IS KNOWN TO THEM - HAVE TO ASK HIS PERMISSION ETC...

This I think is your way forward ... unless someone on here is a family member i.e. tree...

Probation service are very helpful but it is a maybe and not a certainty - you can contact them on line .. but myself would think that the personal touch may well get you further....

I hope this is of help and that THEY can help you

GOOD LUCK

I do hope so Cowboy. It would be great if this gentleman could be found.
Good luck Jean and thanks for your help Cowboy.

Hi

My name is Jean-Brunel Webb-Benjamin and I was born in Birmingham Children's Hospital on 20th December 1980. My mother is Jacqueline Webb and my father Glenville Augustus Benjamin. He was incarcerated in Winson Green when I was around 3 or 4 (1983 onwards perhaps). I have been searching for him for years and I can get no information on where he is from anywhere. I've always wanted to know my who my father was and is; and now I have children of my own and I want them to know their Grandfather.

If anyone has any information whatsoever please let me know.

Thanks

JB Webb-Benjamin
www.myspace.com/t3_kaos

Hallo Jean, I see from www.myspace.com/t3_kaos that you live in Belgium, and I thought that I was the only Brummie in Belgium with the name Webb!

Bienvenu! Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search. The folks here have helped me find my dad too. https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10357&highlight=long+lost+half+brothers

Hi

Thanks for all the help guys, and I only yesterday sent an email to archives trying to get information concerning my fathers offence, so while I'm waiting for a response from that I'll contact Probation direct. Also I don't live in Belgium, I live in London, which my myspace page also reflects in my profile. Soz, you are still the only Brummie in Belgium - :)

The search continues!

Sorry Jean, your page came up in French and I thought... I see now you're from Bromly in Kent.

Good luck with your search. Graham.

Hi, I am aware of what your father did, If you would like to private chat some time please send me a private message,I would love to ask you some question's also.

Hi, the original poster was a guest on the forum 10 years ago, you could try the email address given but as the serious crime was well reported at the time and details can now be found
when the name is put into a search engine it is likely he has found the information he
requires.

It's of a personal interest to me, I have a good friend who was massively affected by this crime,would like to know if he managed to track him down or make contact with his Father, there is no malice or anger on my behalf.

Back