• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Beatles at Odeon 64 and 65

Hi I have been watching Beatles archive film on BBC 2 and it brings back memories from seeing them at the Odeon 2 years running back in the sixties. First year row M then row L -a bit nearer after queing all night in cold November with no comforts ,as had told parents we were staying at each others homes!! Wouldnt change it though as the excitement at seeing them was worth it ,the greatest band ever. Could not hear them for all the screaming but a wonderful memory.Did anyone else out there go to any of their concerts?

Cheers Silve
Might have been in the same queu! My sister and I and a couple of our friends took blankets to keep us warm and our mom came with flasks of tea to warm us. We were three rows from the front and screamed our heads off!! Got sore thoats from screaming and ringing in our ears for days. Track bashed "A Hard Days Night" My sister has still got their LP's

Silve alas The Beatles weren't my cup of tea but on 10th October 1966 , the group that is now billed as the greatest band in the world I saw them and ladies and gentlemen may I introduce to The Rolling Stones

Back