• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bartlett butchers shop upper highgate street

LindyB65

master brummie
Trying to find information on Thomas Bartletts Butchers shop at 55 upper highgate street he died in 1897 so anything on the shop before this would be great
Thanks
Lindy

LindyB65 I found Thomas Bartlett Pork Butcher born Gloucester 1855 living at 2 Sutton Place Aston Deritend Bordesly Birmingham married to Dora and children are Catherine 16 Florence 13, William T 10, Joseph A 7, Rose M 5,Agnes A 3John A 1 and Emily 1 month. 1891 census

On the 1881 census Thomas Bartlett married to Dora was living at 68 Northampton Street Leicester occupation Pork Butcher the census states he was born in Prestbury Worcestershire. They have Catherine 6, Charlotte 4, Florence 3, William 3 months.

Thank You

Thanks for your help we have the family back to 1851 with Thomas Bartletts Father William living in the burgage Prestbury Glos,in 1841 we have Williams father Nathaniel with is wife Jane.
I am Interested in the family when they returned from Leicester to Brum and if he had a shop during the late 1880s early 1900s.We have now established he did in the 1897 Kellys directory i am wondering did he before this.
Thanks again
Lindy

Thomas Bartlett Upper Highgate was in the 1896 Kellys too I mention this in your other post. I checked the 1892 and couldn't find anything.

Thanks fergie trying to establish when Thomas got his shop as in 1881 census the family were living in Leicester,so it looks as though Thomas got his shop after 1895,he must have been working for someone else before this as he was a Pork Butcher in the 1871 census for prestbury Glos.
Thanks again

Lindy

Back