• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

avenue road aston

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
cant see a thread for avenue road at the min but here is one of bomb damage..

lyn

thumbnail - 2024-02-10T150033.044.jpg

cant see a thread for avenue road at the min but here is one of bomb damage..

lyn

View attachment 188854
This is only the second image I've ever seen of Avenue Road, this is Patshull Place (you can just about see the remainder of the name).

I've looked at the photos on the Avenue Street thread but can't identify the location at the moment.

Attachments

• avenue-rd-parshull place.jpg
    avenue-rd-parshull place.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 4
This is only the second image I've ever seen of Avenue Road, this is Patshull Place (you can just about see the remainder of the name).

I've looked at the photos on the Avenue Street thread but can't identify the location at the moment.
ok thanks john hopefully someone can help...well done for noticing patshull place..i missed it :rolleyes: maybe there is a map somewhere showing it..

lyn

ok thanks john hopefully someone can help...well done for noticing patshull place..i missed it :rolleyes: maybe there is a map somewhere showing it..

lyn
Lyn, those images of houses being demolished on the Avenue Street thread are definitely Avenue Road. the left-hand image shows the Avenue PH and has the same building feature on the 2 images you posted.

Attachments

• avenue-rd-demo.jpg
    avenue-rd-demo.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 6
  • AstonRdN11.jpg
    AstonRdN11.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 7
Back