• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Are You All Right?

When we first moved from Burton into Derby our local doctor was Dr Pearson, he was getting on a bit,I went to him one day a had a awlful pain between my shoulder blades, he examined me and then "I get a pain there sometimes
what do you reckon it is? I thought thats good, you are supposed to be the doctor, have a week off it might go away he said. The one I ve got now is laid back its a wonder he dont fall over. Bernard

When I used to visit one of my three doctors they used to chat for five minutes about their children all of which I had in my swimming lessons at some timer or other. By the time I had filled them in on their progress I had forgot what I had gone for in the first place. Never had one that laid back Bernard. Jean.

Like that one Tom took a couple of minutes to get it though. [Not the flu]. Jean.
Thanks Jean, He also told me that i had swine flu, I said "you must be joking", he said "no really, you've had it for weeeeeeeeeeks"

Have just come off the bakers van thread and I reckon everyones in a funny mood tonight. Great. Jean.

I had norovirus in February, and when I felt well enough to actually stand up I made an appointment to see the doc for a once-over. He said he'd had it at Christmas, and I spent the next 15 minutes listening to him telling me how bad he was, the symptoms, etc., etc., the time it took for him to get over it and so forth. I left the surgery feeling sorry for him....and wondering why I'd wasted his time.

Big Gee

My new Doctor I have met once he lives in our village Dr Doshie all he said was yes, yes yes yes gave me a prescription and said let me know how you get on

Back