• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Amos Ison (1823-1881) missing child John

Garry Stretton

master brummie
Another question for the experts. I thought I was finalised with Amos Ison and Sarah Ann Clarke. I began entering detail successfully until John Jehu Ison. He appears in the family in the 1851 census.
NameRelationStatusSexAgeOccupationBirth Place
Amos IsonHeadMarriedM23GardenerSutton, Warwickshire
Sarah IsonWifeMarriedF29Kidderminster, Worcestershire
Harriet IsonDaughterF4Bellbroughton, Worcestershire
William IsonSonM3Bellbroughton, Worcestershire
John J IsonSonM1Kidderminster, Worcestershire
No John Ison born 1850 in GRO nor England B & C 1538 - 1975 nor FreeBMD.

Any ideas? No doubt there will be.

On freebmd you can search using a wildcard (an *) which is a help when searching for name variations, if you can predict them.

So I*n or I*on. Obvious the first would have more results than the second to look through. However, the second would miss Izen, which I have seen, and both would miss Hyson which I think came up for one of them.

Looking at couple of the children, they are registered with only one forename but later have two - as Amos appears to as well - not unusual.

Homer becomes Homer William and as discussed previously Harriet has been listed as Emily and her death is reg. as Harriet Emily.

Back