• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Allport

Ian Broinowski

master brummie
Hi,
I live in Hobart Tasmania and am writing a biography of Mary Morton Allport who married Joseph Allport at Aldridge in 1826 and travelled to Tasmania in 1831. I am writing so see if there are any Allport families still living in or around Birmingham who may be descended from Joseph's family. His parents were William 1752 -1839 and Hannah Curzon 1759 - 1842. and owned and ran a school at Aldridge called Cedar Court.

any suggestions welcome

Ian

Apart from Joseph, William and Hannah appear to have has only 3 more children listed - Henry Curzon 1788, Mary Ann 1790 and John 1799.

Henry Curzon married and had children before emigrating to Australia (Parramatta). Mary Ann never married and died in Aldridge 1865.

Not sure about John, possibly a surgeon who lived in Lichfield who had one daughter. If so then the daughter never married.

Last edited:
William also appears to have married previous to Hannah, to a Sarah Bradley (m Atlow, Derbyshire) and had a son William Bradley Allport (1776) and a daughter Sarah (1778).

Hi MWS
Great to hear from you again. Once again thankyou for your clear thoughts on my queries. You are right it seems the only possible descendent might come from John's daughter or William or Sarah. You will be pleased to know my book is now almost completed but of course now comes the hard bit trying to find a publisher - Do you know any history publishers in Birmingham by any chance who might be interested?
Ian

Good news about your book Ian, well done!

I'm sorry I don't know of any local publishers or much about publishing in general.

Back