• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Alex’s Motorcycle club

Joe Turvey

proper brummie kid
Does anybody remember Alex.s motorcycle club in the 60s
it was in the centre of birmingham
If so please contact me

Last edited by a moderator:
Can,t say i remember a club but i do remember Alex,s pie caravan by the Albany Hotel is there any connection. Dek

That is my memory as well Dek - more an Ad Hoc gathering than a formal club.

Joe put" Alex pie stand "into the search box (top R/h corner theres a thread on it. Dek

Joe i,m from the Vauxxhall Rd we used to trek down Landor St and play on Bordesley tip when we were kids.i never rode a motor bike but Alex,s was the last place of call before we went home after a night out. not a good idea to put your E-mail on post you never know whose browsing the forum if you go back to your post you can edit it out if you wish. Dek

Hello Joe, I would advise you not to put your email address on the open forum as you are leaving yourself wide open to scammers and spammers.
I also used to go go to Alex's and like you am from Bordesley Green.

Yes I remember Alex`s. I used to go there between 1962 and 1965. we used to meet there on our motorbikes and then go to coffee bars and cafes like the bridge cafe in Stourport and the Monica cafe in Tamworth. There are half a dozen of us old bikers still meet up on our bikes every Wednesday morning at Hoar Park tea room at Over Whitacre on the B4098.

Do you still meet up i also went to the bridge cafe in Stourport and the Monica cafe in Tamworth
Joe
uou can contact me at

Last edited by a moderator:
Hya Joe sorry its not about motor bikes, although you may like to look at my profile.

Are you Joe Turvey the blinds, ie highgate square birmingham. If so can you send me an instant message as the above post indicates. sorry to have posted this here but if you are I need to contact you in private.

Just trying things out.
I used to go to the pie stand later in the evening from the Corner cafe at Camp hill.
I was also in the Alex club which was at the Alex restaurant in Mosely.
The whole thing died a death when forzced to move further down Hurst St.
I have a photo of Spam, (oily old A10) Pat (Norton SS) Pete Ridgeway (BSA) and Flower, Dave Bint, now deceased.
Taken at the new location, and empty except for us.
I had a Royal Enfield Constellation for a while, and then a hybrid A10 with Aerial Engine, later converted to Rocket spec.
I remember Will Shakespere, Constellation outfit, Rocker Owen, Wilf, and a few others.
Anyone else out there?
Ken b

Certainly do remember it. A food wagon in town, I use to go there on my Triumph Tiger cub I had many cups of coffee there on cold night. Some times a run to the Red Lion at Earlswood a pint or two then back to Alexis. About 1964 / 65 shame there are no places like that now. Only if you count Jo's snaxs at Bikers World.

Does anybody remember Alex.s motorcycle club in the 60s
it was in the centre of birmingham
If so please contact me
Hi Joe I was a regular visitor to Alex,s coffee bar in the early 60s, racing the speed cops on my 1962 bonnie ,riding in amongst all the other bikers and being hid . Obviously I could out run any speed cops, happy days

Back