• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Adrian Cottages

castalla

master brummie
My Grandfather and his family lived in Adrian Cottage´s , in Kings Heath (just off the high street) has anybody, got any photos please

Hi there,
My grandfather lived at 10, Adrian Cottages in 1912 till 1925, when he and his family moved to Yardley Wood Road. Do you know what was built there when Adrian Cottages were demolished? If it was The Parade I may have a picture.

My Grandfather also moved from cottages to Grange Road, then when he married moved to Yardley Wood (Pendeen Road ) dont know what year possibly 1919/1921, from previous posts i think the Cottages were the old Picture House is facing Grange Road, but intresting if you have a photo.

No photo of Adrian Cottages, but here is a plan of the location on Kings Heath High Street. They are located roughly centre right of the plan.

Map Kings Heath Heathfield Rd to Popular  Kings Heath.jpg

I am not sure what was built when the cottages were first knocked down but I think they were where ASDA is now - or more likely where the car park is.

Phil so having another look at the 1901 Census my Grandfather lived at number 13 Adrian Cottages, so your grandfather lived at number 10 that would be (looks like a William a Reynolds) age 2, my grandfather was 4 at the time, so very close neighbours, and probably played together

Back