• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Acton Fanny

Mayfield

Burbury Brummie
Fanny Acton was the younger sister of my Grandfather William T G Acton. She is listed on the 1881 census as aged 3 and living at 56 Ormond Street (9 Court 1H).

I have no record of her after this date - can anyone please enlighten me as to her dob, where abouts in 1891, marriage, death, etc?

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

keith

Re: Fanny Acton

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page [SIZE=+1]Births Dec 1876 [SIZE=-2](>99%)[/SIZE][/SIZE] Acton Fanny Louisa Aston 6d360

This is the only birth in Birmingham i can find

Fanny Louisa Acton birth Dec 1876 ref 6d 360

Fanny Louisa Acton age 8 death reg DEc 1884 ref 6d 216

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page [SIZE=+1]Deaths Dec 1884 [SIZE=-2](>99%)[/SIZE][/SIZE] Acton Fanny Louisa 8 Aston 6d216

Here's her death. Not sure if that's your one tho a birth certificate may well answer that question

Thank you both very much - such a sad story but it appears that my Grandfather lost his mother, father and his sister Fanny by the time he was 11 years old?

His only other sibbling, Arthur Thomas Acton (born 1878ish) was deaf and dumb and ended up in the Institute for the Deaf and Dumb - Kings Norton Workhouse by 1891.

I presume that Arthur Thomas Acton met his wife at the Institute because by 1901 he is listed as living at Riverside Terrace, Aston Manor with Kate Acton (Hunt) also Deaf and Dumb and Ethel Acton aged 1?

Can anyone please provide me with the date of their marriage and deaths?

With regards

keith

Claire have you and I got nothing to do but pander to Keith all day,LOL.

Last edited:

lol Alberta i am looking things up anyway so was a break for me haha

I am wondering if he knows about freebmd???

The only birth i have found for an Acton in Birmingham is this one

Jessie Annie JFM 1901 Birmingham, don't know if you've found any different Alberta??

Ahhh what a thought ..... Be careful Alberta, you will start me fantasising.... lol

keith

Well that's her bith then..... as fo ethel looks like she was born West Brom then.. birth certificate would confirm the parents.. am looking to see if i can find later births for you now

There's two Williams born 1903 JAS birmingham, do you know if there was a William??

Arthur Horace OND 1903 Aston

Harold 1904 JAS Aston

If any of these names are in your family they may be worth checking out

There's two Williams born 1903 JAS birmingham, do you know if there was a William??

Arthur Horace OND 1903 Aston

Harold 1904 JAS Aston

If any of these names are in your family they may be worth checking out

Thank you claire, William was my uncle - it is almost certainly a silly question but what does JAS and OND mean?

keith

JFM - jan/feb/march
AMJ - april/may/june
JAS - july/august/sep
OND - oct/nov/dec these are the quaters for births/deaths/arriages etc they are grouped in quaters.. if you have any more names i will look them up one of the williams was a william walter, so that will narrow it down for you

JFM - jan/feb/march
AMJ - april/may/june
JAS - july/august/sep
OND - oct/nov/dec these are the quaters for births/deaths/arriages etc they are grouped in quaters.. if you have any more names i will look them up one of the williams was a william walter, so that will narrow it down for you

Thats the one, my uncle was William Walter. Thanks Claire :)

Back