• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A Victorian Album

New_Forest_c1907001.jpg

Charabanc trip to the New Forest in 1907 - my Dad is sitting on the ground at the far right.

Thanks Jean. I love it too. I don't have many old family pics but this is a treasured one. My grandad (with boater) is sitting on the right behind my Dad and my grandma is third from right with striped blouse. I am reposting it as I did put it on a couple of years ago originally.

Judy

Last edited:
There are still a lot of photo's missing off this thread. It is a lovely thread and would be so nice if we had the photo's back. Thanks to those who have re instated their pictures.

Here is a photo of my maternal grandmother, Rose Hanson (née Martin) who lived at 7 x 25 Court, Clifton Road, Aston. Unfortunately I never met her as she died before I was born - I wish I had known her as I think she looks lovely.

Judy

Rose Martin.jpg

What a lovely photo of a lovely looking lady, Judy. I love this thread thank you for bringing it back on topic.

here is another photo of my husbands family such a shame we dont know whose wedding it is
would anyone have a idea of the year it was taken
josiePic (2430).jpg

Smashing photos Josie and Wendy. Josie I had family living in Lennox Street too, but mine were there in the late 1880's.

what a lovely photo wendy i love the old photos and how they dressed
jayell all my husbands family came from hockley / newtown area going back to 1800
josie

Josie - It's possible our families might have known each other I guess. Mine were the Hanson family (2 x gt.grandfather Samuel Hanson) - they lived at 9 Gough Terrace, Lennox Street, and then later at 7 Lennox Street in 1887.

Judy

They all looked like that didn't they mind those Brummy ladies were a tough lot!!

hi jayell
what a small world my husbands grandfather and family lived at no 7 lennox street in during WW1 there name was potter his grandmother came from ventnor rd
josie

Josie, what an amazing co-incidence! I wonder if your Potters moved into No. 7 after my Hansons moved out? Mine had moved out by 1891 to Ryland Place, Broad Street, and by WW1 were living in Clifton Road, Aston. They were at this address from 1897 and various members of the family stayed here untilabout 1940.

Judy

Back