• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

874 bristol rd south

paulie20

proper brummie kid
Hi, can anyone please help? between 1939 & 1943, or perhaps longer, William Horace Farmer & his wife Elsie Myra ran or owned a shop at 874 Bristol rd South, does anyone know what kind of business this may have been? Looking at electoral records for that period they actually lived at 507 Slade Rd. Distant family memories say it may have been a bakers? Any help greatly appreciated Paul

Paulie
No 874 Bristol Road South
1938 Hughes Cyril, house furnisher
1939-1944 Farmer Mrs.Elsie Myra,grocer
1949-1956 Farmer W. H. grocer
1962 Ten Aores & Stiirchley Co-operative Society Ltd. perambulater dlrs
mike

Not that this will help but I worked at J. Gould the Tailors between 1960 - 1962, this was a few doors away, I remember the premises being vacant for quite sometime before the Co-Op opened. Just in time for me my son was born in 1965.

Clarkie

Clarkie, thanks for that, I think the grocers must have closed about 1959 - 1960, William Farmer must have run it alone as Elsie Myra Farmer died in 1944.

Paul

Back