• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

566 Moseley Road (1954)

springtime63

Brummie babby
Good Morning
I was born at this address, it was Dr Brown Surgery,and a couple of flats above,
i would be very interested to see a photo if possible,
this was on the corner of Brighten Road.
ann

Hi Springtime63,

As this looks to be your first post to the forum may I bid you welcome, I'm sorry but this old postcard seems to be the best one of the location you require that I can come up with, perhaps someone may have a better copy of it. The problem seems to be, for reasons known only to the planning department they demolished this corner in the late 60's and replaced it with a row of shops with flats above. I take it that it is this older version that you are looking for, because the later buildings are still there today.

Attachments

• Balsall Heath Moseley Rd Cromer Rd Post Office.jpg
    Balsall Heath Moseley Rd Cromer Rd Post Office.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 28
thank you for the welcome.
its a lovely picture
i know of the shops and flats, but i would love to see a picture of the victorian houses that would of been the property i was born
perhaps someone will come up with one from the 50s
ann

Well Anne I'm reasonably sure that they were the buildings that were there until the corner was demolished, but I can tell you with a little more certainty that the surgery remained there until at least 1961/62.

thank you, for your help i appriecate seeing a photo where i was born, first one I've seen.
my parents were in one flat and i know another family, a very good friends of my parents were in the other flat

Good Morning
I was born at this address, it was Dr Brown Surgery,and a couple of flats above,
i would be very interested to see a photo if possible,
this was on the corner of Brighten Road.
ann
That location is just up the road from my old school, Moseley School of Art.
Dave A

Back