• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

235 park lane aston cross b,ham 6

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
hi i was wondering is it possible to a electrol roll on a shop which was
a fish ,chip shop at 235 park lane for the period year of 1968=9
and posslble tell me the name of the owners please
once again i thank every body for there time
best wishes astonian ,;;;

Astonian will phone Sissie Hillier over the week end as she has been so informative in the past and despite her age has a fantastic memory. Jean.

Hi jean
many thanks for your reply and for your help
it would mean alot to me i look foreward to your freinds response
best wishes astonian ,;;;

I don't know if this is any help Astonian, but the Kellys for 1967-8, 1969-70
give:

235 Behnman Salom, coffee
• rms
237 Wheeler C. G. fried fish dlr

Both have disappeared by 1971-2

Astonian I tried but she can only remember the Jones's and that was before those dates. Sorry. Jean.

h[ guys
jean, not to worry it may have been jones prior to this date,many thanks jean ,and say thanks to your freind.but the real big answer i was looking for which as to be what i was looking for because i know that grand dad sold the coffee shop to the named asian family prior to that and he sold the chippie a quite afew years before
he sold the coffee shop to them and this was about 12 months prior and around the
time when our forum member said his relatives had openend a cafe on the park lane the other side of the road the asians painted the shop purple i remember seeing it i
couldnt see the stars from atv studios going in there with there asian music playing
so though at the time they would cross over the rd to watton,s parents shop because it did look clean inside and through the window grand father had still kept is one and oly storage 2 high ware house and a large work shop and a i bedroom house down the back of those two shops his father bought in the early 18oo,s and kept useing right up until 1970. where it became delict and it was full of property
guys i have to end now aand try and resolve the mystryonce again jean .mike
i sincerely thank you for your time ,it does mean alot to me ,.dearly .
best wishes astonian ,;;

HI MIKEJEE
WHEN YOU SAID THEY DISAPEARED, WAS IT THAT SHOP WAS VACCANT AND BOARDED UP OR WAS IT JUST EMPTY , DO YOU KNOW WHAT YEAR THEY DEMOLISHED THAT PLOT OF LAND AROUND THE ASTON CROSS OR EVEN THAT THOSE TWO SHOPS WAS DEMOLISHED ON PARK LANE I AM TOLD ALL THAT LAND WHERE THE SHOPS WAS IS SOME SORT OF WEST MIDLANDS CONTROL CENTRE Would that be
TRUE OR NOT .ONCE AGAIN MIKE MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME BEST WISHES ASTONIAN ,;;

Hi Astononian
when I said they disappeared, I meant that they no longer appeared in Kellys. in fact all the odd numbered side was missing, so it does look as if they were all demolished, or at least empty.

In 1969-70
225 Marriott D. draper
227 Taylor Mrs. Minnie, shopkpr
231 & 233 Chaplin Bros.(B'ham) Ltd. wire drawers
235 Behnman Salom, coffee rms
237 Wheeler C. G. fried fish dlr

In 1971-2
Even numbers listed from Ansells to
132 Norman, R,G, & M.A._tobaconists

No odd numbers listed in road

That is all the information I have I'm afraid.
Best wishes
mike

Back