• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Did we smell?

can`t remember people smelling when i was young but can remember walking from gower street school to swimming baths and passing hp sauce one side of victoria road and ansells brewery on the other what a smell that was
  2. J

Burbury Street School

Michael I think I remember Sheila parker other names I can think of are Sheila guppy john mosedale and I new Mr Warriner Mr marjerrison was head I think might think of a few more but will watch for any more news
  3. J

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

I will try to post picture it is of king and queens jubilee 1936 and is taken in ventnor road hockley
  4. J

Burbury Street School

sorry ocker i was at burbury street between 1946 to 1952 my sisters were there about that time they were jean and june mills
  5. J

Burbury Street School

hi michael was at burbury street from 1946 till 1952 lived in ventnor road which was close to school you said you thought you remembered my name it is john mills have looked for bobby harrison whose dad had an electrical shop in gt king street found one reference but have lost it friends who...
  6. J

Farm Street Hockley

I was born and lived in ventnor road from 1941 until about 1961 we where the mills family from no 53
  7. J

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

buillding still their with playground on top but is now business college
  8. J

Gower Street Boys and Girls Schools

went to gower st 1952_1957 mr matts was head and mr eyton was also art teacher other teachers mr edwards mr evans mr phillips lads i knew are john mosedale john clarke stanley evel amongst others my name is john mills
  9. J

Burbury Street School

hi Michael was at burbury street from 1946 to 1952
  10. J

Burbury Street School

burbury street school junior/infant hockley
  11. J

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

burbury street school junior/infant hockley Edit.Link to Burbury Street School here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/burbury-street-school.3183/page-2#post-227534
Back