• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Golden Hillock Road School

Hi Trevor, Yes my Dad (Norman) followed Skip Barnard. Your memory of our days at Golden Hillock (60 odd years ago) are much sharper than mine. After a short time as a Draughtsman at the Rover and Parkinson Cowan, I entered the Church. I was an active Methodist Minister until seven years ago. I...
  2. R

Golden Hillock Road School

I was a milk monitor at Golden Hillock in the 1950s before passing my 11plus and going to Lordswood Tech, in 1958. my sole memory before reading your contribution was a lovely white-haired teacher called Mrs Harrington who taught us in the wooden school classroom. Robin Searles
  3. R

The Boys Brigade

Certainly Do Trev, with fond memories. However have been 40 years in the Methodist Ministry andl learning the names of thousands of people.. faces sometimes become a little blurred!!!!
  4. R

The Boys Brigade

My Dad, Norman Searles was skipper of the 24th BB company. My parents were care takers of the church until we moved in 1957, and we lived in the church flat in Madeley Road. Dad and I continued with the 24th for a couple of years. Frank Albert was a personal friend. Robin.
Back