• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Pollitts Garage 20 Great Hampton St

Apologies Tom, only just picked this up 3 years on! Can you recall the actual address of Pollitts Garage, and did it have petrol pumps? Thank you, Nick.
  2. P

Thanks Lyn, just printed the photo, its come out well. Thanks to Carolina too. Nick.
  3. P

That is interesting Eric, I recall my Dad (who passed away 3 years ago at 93) telling me that Herbert started with a repair garage, on Great Hampton St, and then moved premises at some point slightly further down the road on the same side towards town. I only recall vaguely the garage, but like...
  4. P

Phil, is it possible for me to get a good copy of this photo, by email or print? Nick.
  5. P

Thanks Lyn, this is all getting very interesting, particularly Erics' comments! My Grandfather I believe was a bit of a character. Nick.
  6. P

Thank you, understand and really pleased with response, it means a lot to my family. Nick.
  7. P

Thank you, really useful, Nick.
  8. P

Very impressive Eric, and thank you. I am gradually putting together information and history on Herbert Pollitt, I hardly knew him as he died in a car accident in 1965. There was a great photo of the garage in The Church Inn but I could not get hold of it before it disappeared to another pub...
  9. P

Phil, that is fantastic, thank you very much. There was some years ago a photo of the garage with a row of old Austin or Morris cars across the front, I guess from the 1930's, the photo was on the wall in the Church Inn next door, I tried to buy it from the landlord but he wouldn't sell and I...
  10. P

1930's to 1960's would be good, Herbert Pollitt was my grandfather and I have very little information, any help would be much appreciated, I think it was number 20, next door to the Church Inn.
  11. P

Great Hampton Street

Very interested to read about Herbert Pollitt's Garage...he was my Grandfather, only met him twice when I was very young and would like to know more if anyone can help.
Back