• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Electoral Roll look up for Clara Elizabeth Hughes

thanks for the reply.clara was on the 1911 census living at 78 Melton rd 1915 a witness at her sisters wedding at Kings Heath in 1925 Emigration to Canada she died in Spokane America aged 39 regards J Hghes
  2. H

Visit on Friday afternoon

I booked up for a visit last week.the next date availble was Jan 2019
  3. H

Windrush

I had the pleasure of sailing from Liverpool August 1952 to Korea to spend 12 months there as a NS man
  4. H

Library Of Birmingham 2013

Do not forget this was a Tory idea,before Labour took over
  5. H

Office Starter 2010

I have tried to add Libre to my windows but FireFox will not allow it.any thoughts? JHughes
  6. H

Birmingham's Blitz

I have just obtained this book from my local Library,Great Barr.Well worth reading J Hughes
  7. H

Sundays Itv Victoria

It was a repeat of the last Sunday and wsas shown at 9 PM JH
  8. H

Sundays Itv Victoria

How did they manage to show episode 3 again instead of 4 Hope some one gets the boot.Manage to see 4 on catch up Regards J H
  9. H

Air Raid 1941 Alum Rock

Many thanks for your reply.that clears up the question They did not have much luck in Pelham Rd starting in 1940 then again in 41 I wonder if those houses were rebuilt Cheers J Hughes
  10. H

Air Raid 1941 Alum Rock

I have found a relative listed on Civilian deaths Ellen Gertrude Eeles died June 1941 she lived at 68 Pelham Rd Alum Rock Was she killed at this address or was it else where? I have looked at some sites listing air raids but Pelham Rd has been crossed out...
  11. H

Down Time

Welcome back I have missed you Regards J Hughes
  12. H

Cadman Arthur James

I have Arthur on my Family Tree.he was born in Walsall 1903 It seems he went to Canada then America. on Ancestry there are 2 entrys Canada Arrivals Quebec 1919 to 1924 also U S Border Crossings from Canada at Niagra Falls. Unfortunatly I have not got world wide membership perhaps some kind...
  13. H

Soho Foundry

Where did you obtain these very interesting photos.having worked at Soho for 46 years I have never seen these before Have you any more gems? J H
  14. H

Electric Trams

My uncle was a tram driver and later inspector.there was a long standing joke in the family that he was some how involved in this matter. He was Charles Jones Regards John Hughes
  15. H

Great barr hall

What is the latest on Great Barr Hall.I have been told its Status has been down graded? Regards John HUGHES
  16. H

Tram Conductor

Hello Tanya I have Francis James Burford on my Family Tree on Ancestry He was a Great Uncle of my wife Dorothy Brookes Regards John Hughes
  17. H

Kings Heath.. 192/69 Anti Aircraft Brigade

Where is the picture?
  18. H

National Service

No the Glouchesters epic battle took place in April 1951,I dd not arrive until Aug 1952. I had the honour of walking up the site of their stand at hill 235.the ground was covered with the spent ammo Being in the REME I was lucky not to fire my rifle in anger. The only action I saw was a trip to...
  19. H

National Service

I was in the REM attached to the Royal Signals just south of the IMJIN river from Aug 1952 t0 1953 I even played in their Football Team Happy Days John Hughes
  20. H

Avery Retired Employees Association

Hello Astonian It is still on the same site very much reduced for manufacturing It is now called Avery Weigh-Tronic a off shoot of the American company based in Minnesota USA have a look on Google I would have known Bill Smart having worked there for 46 years in the early days I would take my...
Back