• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Needless Alley

Me too - on the way up to Bogarts, now that was wonderful!
  2. P

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

While at school some point between 1965-70, perhaps 1968, I went to see various blues 'legends' touring together at a gig at Digbeth Civic Hall. Rows of individual school type chairs were put out, lol. I have always said Muddy Waters was one of the musicians and another famous guy who said...
  3. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

I remember Mike from your band and heard he had joined CB and moved to States - you were best man, fantastic Steve. There are 'parts men' linked into this chat that will be impressed by such a wide experience, I am delighted you became director...and now happily retired. We limped back from SofF...
  4. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Hello Steve, how wonderful to see your response, although sorry to hear the news about Jamie's wife. PJ Evans seemed to attract.... interesting folk, lol. Mick the Pole - eccentric but kind to me, Malcolm Bassett and his plastic pig 3-wheeler, Studholm of course, Hastings, Stan Rolls...
  5. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Hi Steve, Yes Steve Coney was great fun, and had some good stories. Do you recall that you (Steve Dutton) and I took 2 weeks leave from PJ's and went to South of France in my sister sprite? We didn't have much money and we slept in the two seater car on occasions. We had an accident coming back...
  6. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

Hi E, have looked back yes recognise straight away. So nice to see.
  7. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

I certainly remember the name and would definitely remember his face.
  8. P

P.J. Evans Essex Street

It's always a pleasure when someone from 'my time' at PJ's posts. I was apprentice mechanic from 1970 - 1974 first at Granville Street (Manager Mr Hastings gave me the job) then we all moved to Essex Street. Stan was foreman of the Rolls mechanics and Johnny Coles forman of the Triumph etc. I...
  9. P

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Great stories, Reg. Bought the grand piano, wow. And loved the meat market bargains too.
  10. P

Old street pics..

Fabulous!
  11. P

Our Lady of Lourdes, Yardley Wood

Hi Jim, yes I am Peter L. It was a long shot to hope you had further pics of our time in OLOL. I wondered if your mum would have kept something from her time as teacher there - not to worry. If you have any contact with other people from out time would be great to ask them. I wonder if girls...
  12. P

Hi Jim, you said you were interested in information about your school friend PH. You will see I have been able to offer some info which I hope was helpful, although not such happy news. I am not sure if you have looked back into this site as there has been no response. My hope was that you...
  13. P

Hi Jim, you said you were interested in information about your school friend PH. You will see I have been able to offer some info which I hope was helpful, although not such happy news. I am not sure if you have looked back into this site as there has been no response. My hope was that you...
  14. P

Shrewsbury: Field of Dreams

Fascinating, Pedrocut. I will view Shrewsbury differently now as I walk around shopping etc. Thank you.
  15. P

Kingstanding

How interesting my family name is Littleford. I wonder if there is a family connection?
  16. P

Kingstanding

17. P

Jim - Its a slightly different pic. A few seconds earlier or later than the one I have. e.g John B third from right front row is looking to his right. In my pic he is looking straight at the camera. Fab. I am the boy on the end of the back row on the left, next to David Dowling then it is...
  18. P

Hi Jim, thank you so much, yes it is the same photo but much clearer, and even more precious, than my photocopy. In terms of my accident I had a TBI (and coma) causing 'all sorts' including very significant retrograde and onterograde amnesia (not ideal learning material, lol), which is why I am...
  19. P

Jim I have just looked at the photo again. And can see you in between David Dowling and Paul Shobrook?
  20. P

Jim I have just looked at the photo again. And can see you in between David Dowling and Paul Shobrook? Im thinking your mum was a teacher?
Back