• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. norton

Key Hill Cemetery

Thanks. It was Jack & Harry Burgess, from my Grandmother's family that never came home. They have a 3 tier square stone monument with a stone cross.
  2. norton

Key Hill Cemetery

Thanks for the pictures Ell Brown. Nice memorial pictures too. There are empty grave memorials to some of my family lost and never returned from WWI.
  3. norton

Birmingham's Button Industry and Factories

Reply to Bryan : Re Elsie Burgess. My Aunt Elsie was un-married as Burgess was my Grandmother's maiden name. My other Grandmother (on mothers side) moved to Gypsy lane in the 1960's strangely enough though, but that lane had lots of new housing.
  4. norton

Key Hill Cemetery

Thanks for the photo of the chapel, by late father, Maurice Norton, told me that as a teenager around late 1930's - early 40'she would play snooker in the basement of the building, I read elsewhere it was demolished due to being unsafe. :-(
  5. norton

Key Hill Cemetery

6. norton

Yes two on-looker ladies, perhaps the cleaners? The factory is now a housing complex with shops called 'ButtonBox'. Mike
  7. norton

My Aunt is front left.
  8. norton

I have a high definition photo of 13 people outside a button business (c.1900-20ish) in Warstone Lane, B18. One person in the picture is my Aunt Elsie Burgess, the others are unknown to me. Her sister was my Grandmother. The Norton/Burgess families all lived in Hockley until there homes were...
Back