• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Stevehanson

Ansells Brewery

Hi Big John, I was at Aldridge, What is your second name?
  2. Stevehanson

Davenports

When I was young I used to play on the front of Davenports and watch the bottles being filled through the window. We lived at 3/21 Pigott street.
  3. Stevehanson

Ansells brewery dispute 1980/81

Does anyone remember the Ansells strike of 1980/81 or is this another Birmingham memory that's lost forever.
  4. Stevehanson

Pigott street school, off Bath row Birmingham

Hi, yes i attended Pigott street school from 1952/1958. I lived at 3/21 Pigott street with my mom dad and two brothers, Terry and John. I left school and went to St Thomas for a couple of months then our house was pulled down so we moved to Stirchley where I attended Wheelers Lane SMB. When we...
  5. Stevehanson

School servicing Latimer Street in 1900-1910s?

Hi, I lived in Pigott street for ten years, where Latimer street joined Pigott street there was a school for up eleven year olds called Pigott Street school. If you search on this Forum you will find it.
  6. Stevehanson

St Thomas C Of E School Granville Street

The rooftop playground was for girls, i think.
  7. Stevehanson

St Thomas C Of E School Granville Street

Yes, i went to St Thomas's in 1958/59 they had a great pottery class room.
  8. Stevehanson

Ansells fluffy squirrell

Yes spot on, my brother has one of the brass squirrels that were fitted to the front of 1970s Dray. I have quite a few Ansells Argosy. ( a magazine that was given to the workforce every now and then) in the 1970s.
  9. Stevehanson

Ansells Brewery

Hi all, are there any Ansells ex-employees still alive and kicking, it would be good to hear from them.
  10. Stevehanson

Brian's cafe in Bourne Road Aston.

Hi all, Does anyone remember Brian's cafe, it was run by himself his wife and his sister, it was used mainly by Ansells transport in the 1970s. Great food and good company.
  11. Stevehanson

Hanson family from Kings Heath

You could be right but i thought it came from ( the son of Han )
  12. Stevehanson

Yes my great great grandad was Joseph and my great great grandmother was Hannah Mobley. I'm sure our name is Hanson because I have had my DNA tested and a man contacted me from Denmark claiming we share the same ancestors, He is a Hanson. I have a photo of Joseph's son Richard who is my great...
  13. Stevehanson

What a coincidence, my great grandmother's name was Hannah.
  14. Stevehanson

Hi all, i am trying to find anyone who is related to the Hanson family of Kings Heath Birmingham. I understand that in the 1800s my great-great grandmother was married to two Hanson brothers, her first husband died, she went on to marry his brother, consequently there are two branches of...
  15. Stevehanson

HS2 Railway

Notice they haven't touched the old Ansells pub.
  16. Stevehanson

Silver Street.

Yes, spot on, you see them little squares in the middle of the yard, well the the big one was my friends wash house and he used to store his Arial Square Four motorbike there. Been in there many times.
  17. Stevehanson

Silver Street.

HI, yes i remember a family called Dawson who live in the top end of Silver street, not sure of the number though, my friend was Eddy Dawson, he hung around in Kings Heath park with lots of other kids.
  18. Stevehanson

Antique gun shop Pershore road

I didn't see it because of the beer.
  19. Stevehanson

Antique gun shop Pershore road

Back