• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Davenport

Blakesley Hall

Florence Lowe seated in black. Elizabeth Hopkins on right . Blakesley Hall
  2. Davenport

Blakesley Hall

The older Lady on the right is Elizabeth Lowe nee Hopkins Blakesley Hall.
  3. Davenport

Ward -Frederick and Emma (nee Fleet)

Hello Clare. My Granduncle, Wilson George Meddings b.1887. Married Mabel L Ward b.19-12-1893 ( parents Frederick & Emma) in 1918 at West Bromwich. They had two children, Desiree b.1920 & Honore b.1922 .
  4. Davenport

St John's Church Perry Barr

I was christened here on Sunday 9th August 1954.
  5. Davenport

Bernard PARKER. A Mystery.

I’ve sent you a conversation message.
  6. Davenport

Ive sent you conversation message.
  7. Davenport

MWS, Thank you so much, on this evidence it certainly looks as if this is correct.I will look into this later today. I don’t know how you managed to find this so quickly! This is my Wife’s family tree, and it’s been quite difficult with name changes and illegitimacy. I’m assuming that Bernard...
  8. Davenport

Im at a loss in trying to find this person and wonder if he appears in your family tree . Any tips in trying to locate him would also be very much appreciated. I cannot find either a birth or death certificate for him. Born in Edgbaston Birmingham c.1911.His Mother was possibly Agnes May Parker...
  9. Davenport

fish and chip shops

Sea Queen 1968
  10. Davenport

Holidays of the past

Postcard sent to my friend from Weston Super Mare September 1960.
  11. Davenport

Central Fire Station Hq

Dad demonstrates fireman’s pole. Central fire station. C. late 1940s
  12. Davenport

Yorkswood York’s Wood camp site Castle Bromwich

Here is a photo of Albert Bedney,and myself mid 1950s. He was the groundsman and caretaker who lived in a cottage in Yorks Woods. My Dad used to help out I believe.
  13. Davenport

Jennens Road

My 3x Grt grandmother was Mary Jennens b.1790, her Brother Aaron b.1788 was the papier-mâché manufacturer. Jennens name has been used in my family as a second name.
  14. Davenport

National Fire Service Ww2

This is Dad, Arthur Davenport in his N F S uniform. 1942.
  15. Davenport

Palser Family

Emily b.1847 first born of George Palser and Maria (Chinery) was married to Samuel Aaron Davenport. He is my first cousin 3x removed. They had four Daughters.
  16. Davenport

Baron Davis

Thanks for that Alberta, my error. Just had a look at Bridge House and yes it is beautiful house, with a lot of history I should think. Everyone on B H F are so helpful,I’ve been able to find out so much more since my post . Thank You.
  17. Davenport

Baron Davis

Thanks for this .Clive
  18. Davenport

Baron Davis

Thank you Mike Janice & MWS. This information is definitely correct . I had only know him as Baron not Isaac,Perhaps he only used Baron as he was the Nephew of Baron John Davenport. Esther Levy was the Sister of Jennie and Leah Levy who were both married to Baron John Davenport. This has...
  19. Davenport

Baron Davis

I’ve tried for ages to try and find out something more about Baron ( christian name not title ) Davis. I only use Ancestry but can find very little. Wondering if anyone can help? Baron Davis born September 1911. Mother Esther Levy, Father Davis. Married by 1939 when he appears on 1939...
  20. Davenport

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

This made me smile this morning.
Back