• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

New John Street West & New John Street

Hi Lyn no I haven't but if its about meeting or something I should look at my e mail is tom.ross@freeradio.co.uk
  2. T

St Chads Schools

Sorry Dave ??
  3. T

St Chads Schools

Hi i would love to catch sometime And woul love to mert up with Michael McMahon again QUOTE=Dave Ed;559777]Hi Tom, thanks for confirming that you are in the photo. I am also in the top row third from the right, I still see Jimmy Elwood, Denise Lonsdale, Marie O'Niell, Betty Stebbings and...
  4. T

St Chads Schools

I am in picture second from left on the top row in the second pic and all those were my mates born I beleive in in 46/47
  5. T

St Chads Schools

I was at St Chads from infants through to seniors. I left in Summer of 1964 after staying on to do my GCE's I was in Mr Begleys class for 5th form but remember getting the cane from him before I was in his class. I alsdo remember Mr Conklin who prefered to use the slipper (a black pump) Others I...
  6. T

Summer Lane

I love this picture..a Midland Red..I walked down Summer Lane every day to school at St Chads Juniors in Shadwell St. The Austin A35 van in the front moves me to tears that was my first car 817GVP. The Pap shows where I lived at 2/437 New John St West. between Summer Lane and Newtown Row. Up the...
  7. T

Thanks ..we called it Blews St Park.. but were obviously wrong..I loved the "old end" so much better than this material crazy money mad world
  8. T

Thanks Lyn so much will a look out ..I have seen just one pic of New John St West between Summer Lane and New Town Row...its showed a number 19 bus at the junction with New Town Row.. we lived up the at 2/437 up the entry..behind Millmans shop
  9. T

No pics attached..we used to go to Blews St Park.. which was just a couple of hundred yards away from Miller St Bus depot..alternatively we would go to Burbury St Park in Lozells
  10. T

Cheers Lyn. I spent my very happy childhood at 2/457 New John St West- in real poverty but happy. I suppose because nobody had anything anyway so no [pressure from peers. Elkington St.. I am sure that connected with Blews St Park
  11. T

Great pic..I have been searching for ages for New John St West Where I grew up.. but it cannot be the Newtown Palace rear because the flats in the distance were after the junction with Summer Lane??
  12. T

I think its where it meets Newe Town Row... Summer Lane is up the road,..the new flats at Unett St are in the distance.. bottom left shows where they had demolished the White Horse pub ( Ithink)
  13. T

Summer Lane

You are right -they wouldn't allow it. Big bowls of maggots ugh ???
  14. T

Summer Lane

My Mom was a barmaid at the Brit..remember the name Tommy Hatton.. my pal Colin Baines lived at the fishing tackle shop and had a huge Alsation dog that regularly chased me down the entry
  15. T

Havergal House

Hi wasn't it at the bottom of Hatchett St?
  16. T

Summer Lane

The Havercal House was a sunday school as well. I sang there with a skiffle group in 1959/60 i think
  17. T

Summer Lane

Colin Baines was my mate. Thats where they charged the old radio accumulators and sold maggots and fishing tackle
  18. T

Summer Lane

Allens was between New John St West and Bridge St West
  19. T

Summer Lane

Allens Chip shop was a regular thing for us-Mrs Allen looked like she sampled the wares too much lol
  20. T

Summer Lane Pubs

I used to into Hardings Sweet shop on corner next to Vine for a hot glass of Vimto-behind the Van is the CO-OP that my mom shopped at-I can just about remember her divi number
Back