• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. tomjuonkins

Chiswell Enid Mary Coventry Road

That is fantastic info ... B/in law will be delighted. He is assuming that his birth mom Enid will have passed away. I understand that Jean gave birth to a child c1949, however, I can't determine which sister was the elder, but Jeans child would be almost the same age as he? I'll try and search...
  2. tomjuonkins

That's great .. I found a Enid Mary in West Bromley but could get any further? Not even on the 39 Register? I'll chase it up .. if successful, I'll let you know.. Hi .. thank you so much for the lead, I'll keep looking. So far I can't find anything on the sister, will probably be my only hope...
  3. tomjuonkins

Is it possible it may have been a maternity hospital of sorts?
  4. tomjuonkins

Looking for?

Looking for "Clem"? I believe he may be a member on this site .. He is either related to .. or a good friend of the Mullins family from Erdington/Kingstanding? Right of picture c1961
  5. tomjuonkins

Anyone out there who might know or remember what buildings stood on the the site where Lydon House 2325 Coventry Road now stands? My sisters hubby is looking for information regarding his birth mother .. this was the address given as his birth location in1950. Even better if anyone is aware of...
  6. tomjuonkins

Tower blocks Perry Barr demolition.

Hi .. just came across this forum posting ... As a large family, we moved from Perry Common Road Erdington, to Perry Barr in 1962 while construction was still taking place on the tower blocks & maisonettes. If I'm remembering correctly, all, or most of the houses had been completed and we moved...
  7. tomjuonkins

Hasting Road, Perry Common.

Hi .. having moved home from Sparkbrook to Perry common road around 57/ 58.. I finished my secondary schooling at Hastings road. I left at Easter 1960 ..
  8. tomjuonkins

Golden Hillock Road School

Hi.. I had an uncle (Albert William Brown) who married a Doris Ada Birch on 5th August 1929 and who lived at 96 Warwick St with her family. Her father's name was William Herbert Birch and was employed as a Carter. Warwick street is only a short distance from Golden hillock road so could very...
  9. tomjuonkins

Golden Hillock Road School

Hi .. my dad & his brothers were at the school right through the 20's? They all lived just around the corner in Medley road. He went on to work at the BSA before being called up for war service in 39? Just wondering of your pic is of a group? My aunt is still living in the same family home to...
  10. tomjuonkins

Birmingham Cinemas

Re: Cinemas How could I forget the Carlton!I was taken by mom to see my first ever film at the Carlton. The house I lived in backed directly on to the Carlton & was a terrace that held 10 small houses. Like you, I was totally amazed at how small the entire area was, including the terrace? I...
Back