• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. V

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

I was a prefect but probably around 1936-38. I remember reporting the lates but it was Mr Sam Ogden as Head Master then. Got any photos of this era? Love to hear from you!
  2. V

Old street pics..

Any one got a photo of Saunders the Chemist, Dillaways the Fish and Chip shop (Upper Tomas Street), the sweet shop was called Godrich's, opposite Upper Thomas Street school. Great memories in the shop after school. There was a machine on the outside which gave doubles of "Black Jack" toffee.
  3. V

Old street pics..

Great to see these old pics. I have very very few from the time I lived in Upper Thomas Street in the period of 1930s and 1940s. Love to find any references to Bilney Brushes run from 91 Upper Thomas Street, We also had a shop run from the "front parlour". We knew the Burleys who were our...
  4. V

Old street pics..

6 years later you may not still be active. I lived at number 91 Upper Thomas Street and would have gone to school in Upper Thomas Street in the 1930s. Would love to hear know if you had any photos of the street. My cousins, the Burleys (Arther, Margaret and Jackie) lived in the street too.
Back