• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Thorpe Street

Hi Rosie Yes, I've seen the maps Mikegee has put on, they're great! I went to the Back to Backs nearby but it was before I found out about Thomas. Thanks again Sara
  2. S

Thorpe Street

Hi Rosie Thanks for the info. It's such a shame there's nothing more about the pub. That's sad about Ann, although as you said, you wouldn't be here if it hadn't have happened! I descend from Thomas's daughter, Mary Ann who married Henry Tysall. It's weird to think I'm related to your husband...
  3. S

Thorpe Street

Hi Rosie I know it's been a few years since you posted this, but wondered if you had any more info yet on the Lord Nelson pub? Thomas Pressdee was my 4th great grandfather! Unfortunately I've not been able to find any photos of the pub either. Thanks Sara
  4. S

Raftery

Hi Janice. I was seeking info on Annie herself. I don't know her husbands name or her maiden name or when she came to Birmingham from Ireland. Thanks
  5. S

Raftery

My great great great grandmother was Annie or Ann Raftery born in Ireland in 1811 (according to 1861 census) or 1801 (1871 census). I don't know which year she arrived in Birmingham with her children but she is listed on the 1861 & 1871 England census. Her children, all born in Roscommon, were...
  6. S

Mott street hockley b19

Hi Nulty. My great great grandmother lived in Mott Street at the time of the 1891 census. Did you manage to find any more photos? Sara
  7. S

New church street

Hi Mike. Thanks for the information about New Church Street. That's really helpful. Sara
  8. S

New church street

Hi Sue, thanks for the information. Mikejee has clarified that it became New Summer Street. Sara
  9. S

New church street

My great great grandmother Mary Ann Poole lived at 20 New Church Street, Birmingham according to the 1861, 1871 & 1881 census. I cant however find out any information about this street. Does anyone know if it changed its name?
  10. S

Lamb

Hi Suzanne Thanks for getting in touch. I will look into the info you provided. Thanks again Sarajay
  11. S

Lamb

I am desperately trying to find more information on my great grandfather Samuel Lamb. He was born in c1864 in Birmingham. He is only shown on one census that being in 1911 as a lunatic in an asylum on the Isle of Wight. His wife, Lilian (nee Hubbleday) & children, one of them being my...
  12. S

Tower street

My grandmother lived at 27 Tower Street in the 1911 census so probably knew your great grandfather!
Back