• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

elizabeth chamberlain 1899

MWS Re- Neville Chamberlain was Prime Minister of Gt Britain in 1939 and signed the agreement with Hitler not to invade Poland. Therefore we wnt to war. 1939 - 1945 I understand that the Chamberlain Family lived in Birmingham England! Les Green
  2. L

Astoness. Re:- Elizabeth Chamberlain may have been called ' Betsy' Many thanks for your swift reply. I believe she had a brother called George Chamberlain who may have lived in Ashted, Birmingham. Hope that helps Les Green
  3. L

would like to trace elizabeth chamberlain born birmingham. was her father neville chamberlain. thank you les green
  4. L

Was Maria Rhodes nee Green B1871, my Grandmother

When researching my Family Tree looking for my Grandparents. Thomas William Green my Grandfather B1867 Bordesley and his wife Maria Rhodes B1871 Aston. Thomas William died of TB 24 Dec 1901. His widow Maria Rhodes then married my father, his brother, James John Green B1872. A bit unusual at...
  5. L

Curzon Street, Malthouse Lane, Lawley St.

Hello Astoness I would really like photos of all 3 streets and is there a map of the area particiularly Curzon Street. I lived nearby the railway marshalling sidings on Lawley Street and Curzon street from 1934 until 1942 when our house was bombed. Thank you for your interest. Les
  6. L

Curzon Street, Malthouse Lane, Lawley St.

I recently discovered that my family lived near Curzon Street off Lawley Street. I believe my Great Grandfather was a Wood Sawyer and probably had a house on Malthouse Lane. Suddenly I had a very clear flashback to childhood where together with another child I was frightened by a loud buzzing...
  7. L

Garrison Street

Akennedy If you search thread Neighbours Garrison Street you will find quite a lot of information on Garrison Street. I was born at No 38 on the front of the street and I now have heard that there may have been a German Family living at 1 Bk 38 Garrison street. My research goes back to 1930. I...
  8. L

Garrison Street

9. L

Garrison Street

Hi Sonj Pleased to make your acquaintence. My name is Leslie Green and I was born on Garrison Street at No. 38 which was on the street front. I think your family lived at No. 1 Back of 38 Garrison Street. Entrance was gained down an entry to a large Courtyard with a Brewhouse and Gas lamp. My...
  10. L

Garrison Street

Hi Sonj My family lived at the front of 38, Garrison Street, Aston. which was accessed by your family must have been in the Courtyard behind us .Contact me <[email protected]> Les Green
  11. L

Reuben James Giles Born 1895 Aston

To MWS and Brasscaster Many many thanks for the information you have supplied me with about Reuben James Giles. It all fits together with Family information and a photograh of Reuben as a soldier where he obviously has spurs and a riding stick. The rest all fits together. Thank you once again I...
  12. L

Reuben James Giles Born 1895 Aston

Hi Can anyone help me wth a problem concerning the above The family has a picture of Reuben James Giles dressed in WW1 Uniform I have searched records and I find that he was born in Aston Jun 1895. His mother may have been Fanny Giles nee Dipple Born 1874 Bromsgrove his father maybe Frederick...
  13. L

Coleshill Terrace Saltley Little Hamlet

MWS Thanks once again for your rapid response. About the mistake on where to direct my enquiry to. Thanks fo redirecting! The information you gave me about my Gt Grandparents proved interesting as I have Gt Grandmother Sarah Mewis I see that she must have been a Sarah Ann Mewis. Your...
  14. L

Coleshill Terrace Saltley Little Hamlet

Hello again Everyone. I am tracing the birthplace of my Family and believe that I discovered they were at one time living in Coleshill. I found this information in the 1841 census several years ago and it seemed that Coleshill came under Little Hamlet Saltley. I think it comprised just a number...
  15. L

Leslie Joseph Green B1912 Aston, Warwickshire ,England

Hello Alberta Many thanks for the additional information. Very much appeciated. I am a little concerned about the age of Leslie Joseph as given in the 1939 Register. Leslie Joseph is given B1912 in 1939 and seems to give his age as 24. But I think this should be 27 am I misreading the...
  16. L

MWS Thanks for your extemely rapid reply. This sounds very positive Leslie Green:)
  17. L

Hi Everyone. I am trying to find any information on Leslie Joseph Green b1912 - 1913 in Aston,Birmingham. Can anyone assist me? Many thanks Leslie Green
  18. L

Mewis, Sarah 1835 - 1905

19. L

Mewis, Sarah 1835 - 1905

Hi Trixie58 Hope you got my message O.K. A bit more information for you. I have a photo of Sarah Mewis Les Green
  20. L

German immigrants to Birmingham

Hi Alan Hargreaves Re. Deitz Family. Census 1851 gives William Deitz B1809 Birmingham. Occupation Carpenter. Sarah Deitz B1813 Handsworth,Staffordshire. Joseph Deitz B1851...
Back