• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. aston lad

Clarendon Street Aston

ET55, I am Clarendon Street born and bred, sorry to say I have yet to find a view of that part of the street, all I can remember of the house's around that part was very long entries with bigger than average gardens which I think lead on to the Retreat, Britain from Above web site has a very...
  2. aston lad

RIP john houghton (aka gingerjon)

I will surly miss John, known him for a very long time 25 years plus, we were partners on the astonbrook facebook group, Mark his son told me that he died peacefully in his sleep which was nice to hear because he has been very poorly over the past couple of years or more, My thoughts are with...
  3. aston lad

Royal Exchange Lichfield Road Aston

Number 2 Park Road,
  4. aston lad

British Leyland (before it was British Leyland?)

I was really hoping that he was, but sadly not, he would have known him but again sadly he passed away a very long time ago now, thank you for posting them.
  5. aston lad

British Leyland - Drews Lane (formerly Wolseley) plus W. Jones and Son Driver

The faces ring a bell, but cannot say for certain, don't know the driver either, shame.
  6. aston lad

British Leyland (before it was British Leyland?)

I worked at Drews Lane on the front axle assembly from 1976 till 1981, and my Uncle worked as a driver for W. Jones and sons for many years delivering the axles to most of the British Leyland plants around the country, and as a nipper I used to go with him during the school holidays.
  7. aston lad

Apparent random problem with the forum

Just my penny worth, I don't think it is this forum but your own operating systems, I have no problems on here but I do on other websites similar to what members are having on here, sorry to say I don't know why the answer is.
  8. aston lad

Lyndhurst Estate Erdington & Park Road Aston

To be honest Nick I am not that great myself with the search on here, its too varied in my opinion, but it maybe me not using it properly just keep trying something will appear.
  9. aston lad

Lyndhurst Estate Erdington & Park Road Aston

RosemaryB, Have you used the search top right hand of this page to search for both area's, ?, if you are still unable to find any photo's of Park Road, I have a few on my facebook group site " AstonBrook Through AstonManor " but I would try the search on here first you will get better replies.
  10. aston lad

Ivy Wheelers Cycling Club circa 1920

Found these on a auction site, I wasn't to sure if they were from the Birmingham area, 1923. I thought I would post them here before I post them on my facebook group.
  11. aston lad

Dunn's Fruit Store, Park Lane, Aston

When Dunn's closed down it was reopened as a pet shop. 142A Park Lane, my sister almost lived in that shop, animal mad she was. Ray Griffith photo.
  12. aston lad

Di Poppitt

That is sad news Chris, she was a member of the Aston Brook site when it started all those years ago, then a member of this forum when Rod started this up, she will be sadly missed.
  13. aston lad

Burlington St Schools

Miss Rock or Mrs Rock retired around 1963 which I suspect when she reached 60, therefore I do not think the Miss/Mrs Rock was the one from Burlington Street. but I could be wrong.
  14. aston lad

OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS

The Globe was the first pub I went in for a drink and to play darts, me and three other lads all under age, 15 I think I was, and the only customers the pub had during weekday evenings, we all fell in love with the barmaid, she was probably three times our ages but we loved her.
  15. aston lad

Burlington St Schools

Way before your time Ron and mine, photo was taken around 1954/55....by the way I do have a class photo on my astonbrook through astonmanor facebook group of you, and Ronnie Whitehouse who lived on the otherside of the road from you joined a week or so ago.
  16. aston lad

Burlington St Schools

Burlington Street Junior School, date could be early to mid 1950's, the teacher is Mr Eastwood, Would anyone know the name of the lad behind the teacher, photo taken from the astonbrook through astonmanor facebook group
  17. aston lad

It's Lyn's (Astoness) birthday

Happy Birthday Lyn, hope you are having a great day xx
  18. aston lad

St. Mary's (Aston Brook) Church School

You may remember my dad and uncle who both were born in Clarendon Street, Kenny and Ronnie Colin
  19. aston lad

St. Mary's (Aston Brook) Church School

Ena, So was I , number 27 next door to Roly Morris,
Back