• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Gwynfor

Photo

Can someone restore this photo please.
  2. Gwynfor

PEARCE (PEERS) - Thomas

I am looking for the parents of Thomas Pearce b abt 1858 in Scotland he got married to Elizabeth Doyle on 10th April 1882 in the Parish of Bishop Ryder Birmingham,on the Marriage certificate Thomas's Father was George Peers who was a Blacksmith,we can't find any census records for Thomas Pearce...
  3. Gwynfor

YOUNG Alfred & PEARCE May

I am looking for any information regarding Alfred Young and May Pearce who married in Oct 1915 in Aston, I think May's Father was John Thomas Pearce b abt 1860 and her Mother was Eliza Elizabeth b abt 1864, I can't seem to find any records for them hoping someone can help. I have attached a...
  4. Gwynfor

Astle Family 4/142 Guildford St,Lozells.

I am looking for any information on the bombing of my families house on 1st Nov 1940 where 8 of my family were killed, Mother,6 children & their Grandmother all lost their lives. If anyone has photo's or stories about this tragedy I would love to here from you,I would like to know if the family...
  5. Gwynfor

Boxer Jack Simpson

Does anyone have any information on a boxer called jack simpson, from kingstanding birmingham, he was my uncle and he boxed around 1940s i think.
  6. Gwynfor

Jack Simpson Boxer

Does anyone know anything about a boxer called Jack Simpson who came from Kingstanding Birmingham in 1940s, he was my uncle and i would like to know a bit more about him, Thanks
  7. Gwynfor

Trying to find my Great Grandad Robert Astle Born about 1841

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me find my Great Grandad Robert Astle who was born about 1841. He had a son called William Astle born 1880 who married Mary Caine in Birmingham in 1900. Mary and william had Children,May, Thomas,George,Alice, William Robert and my Dad John. I have come to a...
  8. Gwynfor

Confectioner's Shop in Wattville road Handsworth

I am trying to find information or photo's of my relative's shop 124 Wattville Road,Handsworth her name was Mary Ann Hughes fomerly Duffield,she would have been there around 1890 to 1900 she was married to William Hughes.
  9. Gwynfor

Astles, Looking for any

Looking for any Astles, from around Aston doing my family tree and have come to a bit of a stand still
Back