• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. A

Miles Street

Re: 2 pics of Miles st post by mhemery The 2nd photo with the cars - My Nan and a couple of my Aunts used to live in one of the maisonnettes on the right hand side. She was one of the last to leave before they pulled them all down.
  2. A

Saltley Secondary School

Thanks a lot Lyn! Even though the pictures are old, the Chemistry lab, gym and hall looked pretty much the same. I'll pass them on to some old school friends. All the best
  3. A

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Hello John, one of the names you mentioned was Rita Shanahan, I'm wondering if that might have been my aunt. I know she went to a Catholic school nearby. I'm trying to think what might help identify her from back then... I know she was a great Irish dancer and won a good few medals. What do you...
  4. A

Small heath

I remember Tony Gilroy,.. Irish guy. My parents owned a bookies on Berkley road (I think it was) only for about a year and then sold it as we were emigrating. He was the one who bought it off them. Also my sister worked for a short time in the one by the Broadway pub.
  5. A

Tilton Road School

Thanks for trying anyway.
  6. A

Tilton Road School

Thanks a lot, for re-posting the pictures!!... I had no idea Mr Wadsworth was there for so long, it would have been the late 60's early 70's when I knew him. He was my favourite teacher.
  7. A

Saltley Secondary School

ok thanks Lyn,... looking forward to seeing them.
  8. A

Templefield Road Stores

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures, you're right the houses were not like that at all, so it's hard to visualize. I think she did live close to Cattell Rd though. Atleast the street is still there, not like the next house she moved to which was a maisonette on Miles Street which now exists...
  9. A

Tilton Road School

Re: tilton road girls school Hello there, I was wondering if you could repost the pics of the teachers/class rooms from Tilton Rd school as most of the images on the site are no longer displaying (in particular someone mentioned seeing one with Mr Wadsworth). If you have the time that would be...
  10. A

Templefield Road Stores

My Nan lived at 20 Templefield Street, but it would have been the mid to late 60's. I remember some things about it even though I was only young. I know there was a big shared common area not backyards, and outside toilets. Mrs Macnamara was her neighbour with sons Johnny and Jimmy and another...
  11. A

Saltley Secondary School

Hello Lyn, is there any chance you could post those pictures again as they are no longer visible. I went to Saltley grammar in the 70's and wouldn't mind seeing the classroom pics if you get a chance. I was in Priestly by the way ... sounds Harry Potterish now lol Thanks a lot
Back