• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Granville Street Ladywood

Hi There! Yes, it is still been used by Arts Council. The Sculpture in the back is of an Eagle and was commisioned in 1986. Mike
  2. G

What a great map ! Thanks.... I can see Bishopgate St, but nothing after that, I gues Granville St doesn't exist at this time. Fascinating to see there was once a Windmill on Holloway Head !! Thanks Again, Mike
  3. G

Good Afternoon! Just a quick update, we had a good root around the building today; discovered lots of bricked up windows and door ways etc, we thought maybe our car park wall wall at the back may be part of one of the various buildings making up the granville works complex, so went for a root...
  4. G

Thanks! This is really helpful, and great to see our building on the map..... We thought it was part of the Granville Works and maybe J.H Hopkins & Son so this would appear to substantiate this. So interesting to see this, and great to have something to go on when we visit the library next...
  5. G

Re: Can't see the pictures Yes, thats our building..... so, maybe no canal branch at the rear then..... We have some curious bracket type things at the back that somebody told us were maybe used as winches at one time... We know that our current door way was once an archway for horse and carts...
  6. G

Thanks Colin, Yes, it is number 82, so we now at least have a name to go on. Much appreciated.... (I am unable to use the instant messenger here at work as it is blocked, but if I log on at home I will be able too)
  7. G

Re: Can't see the pictures Hi Les, Thanks for getting in touch. We are are just passed the junction with Holliday Street, on the right if your going towards broad st. The building is now used by the Arts Council. We think at one time it may have been a warehouse perhaps? There was research...
  8. G

Good Morning! How sad that all of those pictures have been lost.... I have just joined the site. I was particularly intersted in seeing any photos of Granville Street. I currently work in a building on Granville St and ww are trying to find out any information about the place, its use, history...
Back