• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

Bicycle manufacturers in Birmingham

Thanks Old Brit, That's really good info.....Geoff
  2. G

​Thanks very much for the info and interesting story.....Geoff
  3. G

Yes thanks I have seen nearly all the big ones, I need more detail about the smaller ones. I appreciated all help...Geoff
  4. G

I think Sun were but I am fairly sure Raleigh were only in Nottingham, but thanks for your help... Geoff
  5. G

Thanks for your reply, it's a good starting point for me...Geof
  6. G

It has been a long time since I visited the Forum - goodness knows why? I am very interested in old bicycles and have owned a few however I have very little knowledge of their history, hence the question. Can anyone point me to a good source of answers to manufacturers in Birmingham and near...
  7. G

stoke prior railway station

Your help and interest is much appreciated. Stoke Prior has always come under Bromsgrove and is ajacent to Stoke Works. Thanks, geoff
  8. G

Dear Arkright, You are a star, you have not spoilt my fun but taught me how to research these matters - I am new to this detective work and don't know where to start. The old map site is excellent - thank you very much. Geoff
  9. G

Thank you for your interest time and trouble, I really appreciate the help. I am sure that you are right about the different railway companies but do not think it was under the Industrial estates as the line[s] run on the opposite side of the canal. Geoff
  10. G

Tamworth field trainspotting

A gang of us 11/12 year olds use to go every week from King's Norton Station to Tamworth or Rugby. Reading all the replies has brought back vivid images but I have lost all my records. I certainly remember our excitement seeing a Princess or Coronation Class - thanks for jogging my memory
  11. G

Yes that's very helpful, thank you, I knew about the closure but not that it became a goods depot nor that it burned down in 1929. I still have no idea where it was or why there were 2 stations in such close proximity unless the Stoke Works Halt was for the sole use of the Salt Company - nothing...
  12. G

Thanks for all your help with Stoke Works Halt but can anyone throw any light on Stoke Prior Station which closed in 1855?
  13. G

Soke prior halt

Thanks Mike, I cannot express my thanks enough, I have been trying to find this photo for 6months or more. Geoff
  14. G

Soke prior halt

Thank you very much for your photo, do you know where I could get a copy? Geoff
  15. G

Soke prior halt

I am trying to find a photograph of the station at Stoke Prior near Bromsgrove - can anyone help please?
  16. G

Rover Meteor No.2 bicycle

Thank you very much for the information and your kind offer. I will keep your details and arrange to have a look at your book but for the moment I am very happy that it seems there was a ladies bicycle made between those dates as a no. 2. I was really afraid that someone had swopped the badge...
  17. G

Thanks Lencops. I had not seen that article before. Geoff
  18. G

Thanks Lloyd, I found my initial info from that site, as you will see it talks only of a 1910 Ladies bike that looks the same as mine but would have a different badge due to No. 2's only being built in 1903/4. Thanks anyway for your interest. Geoff
  19. G

Does anyone know anything about Rover bikes? I have this ladies bike, the brass badge of which says Rover Meteor no.2. I have found out that No. 2's were made between 1903 and 1904 only but seem to be only for men. I want to know if there was a ladies model. Can anyone help?
  20. G

Moped museum/collection

thanks Lloyd.
Back