• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. The Baron

Spring Hill roller rink

The Ice rink charger 2/6d
  2. The Baron

Spring Hill roller rink

MECCA ROLLER RINK SPRING HILL
  3. The Baron

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

High Triciawilliams my name is Keith Jenney I played Hockey with your Dad at Birmingham rink & Solihull with the Barons. One of his mates was a guy named Art Hambridge. If you have any photos in your dads collection please post. ps I am the guy second left front row in this club .photo
  4. The Baron

Hi is your uncle Alan still alive .I went on holiday to Switzerland in the 50s with Vincent and played ice hockey with him in the Birmingham Barons.
  5. The Baron

Eagle And Tun Pub

Part of my family history gone for ever,my great grandad ran that pub back in the late 1800s along with his father in law Henry Nott Hobday
  6. The Baron

Eagle And Tun Pub

Gone now in the name of progress HR2 The great White Elephant.
  7. The Baron

Anyone remember Wednesday nights & Saturday nights races by the Moharks.
  8. The Baron

TOWER ROAD ASTON B6

I was born back of 155 Tower Road in 1939
  9. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Hi Bob, I posted that photo under my username ( The Baron ) I hope you and DI remember me Keith Jenney Mining Projects under Viv Horder. Are you no Facebook? Nice to hear your doing well.
  10. The Baron

That guy on the left is Reg Williams,I remember your Dad now,thanks for posting it's jogged the old grey cells.
  11. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Bit before my time at witton lol. Great pic's Astonian,what's with the trench's?
  12. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

keep posting ( many more on the other GEC site guy's) love to see the place I spent over 30 year's ;0))
  13. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Us old GEC folk's must be getting thin on the ground now ,seem to have run out of post's lol
  14. The Baron

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Thanks Ray ,even I remember it now ;0))
  15. The Baron

GEC WITTON WORKS

Anyone help looking for the name of this guy,Q Shop foreman GEC Switchgear & Chairman Highgate United ? Must have past him every day when I worked in Relay Shop for a few years.
  16. The Baron

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Thank you & your mom for the Info ;0))
  17. The Baron

Group photos

UPPER THOMAS STREET tour of the streets of aston to see the buntting. the Red stared lady is My Aunt Edith Lamb ( Nee Woolley)
  18. The Baron

Group photos

I see Art Hambidge next to Bill Jones & Pete Jennings
  19. The Baron

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Many a late night spent in that place drinking coffee and the odd pie after a night at the Old Birmingham Ice Rink .Great meeting place for us skaters ;0))
Back