• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

Sunday school in the street....

Hi. I lived on Hanley Street between '62 and '69, and I have vague memories of having "Sunday school" in the street every week(i think). Somebody with a van or a wagon came and put benches out and most of the kids would come and listen. I think we got little "gifts" too, religion themed...
  2. N

Hanley street?

Does anybody have a map of Hanley Street that would show the layout of the courtyards, especially in the 60's? Thanks, Mark
  3. N

Hanley Street

Hi all, greetings from Canada! Does anybody have any pictures of Hanley Street (off Summer Lane) from the 60s or early seventies? We lived there from 60-69. After my parents passed away, we went through all their old pics, but none from Hanley St. And, to be honest, I don't ever remember us...
  4. N

Elliots

My Dad worked at Eliotts (sp) on Summer Lane for many years. Is there a listing for this company, and what happened to it? Thanks a lot, Mark
  5. N

bomb peck?

What is the origin of "bomb peck"? We used it all the time as kids, but I never really figured out where it came from. Mark
  6. N

St Chads Schools

Hi all. Anybody here a former pupil at St. Chads? I attended the schools on Brearly St. and Shadwell Street, behind the Cathedral, in the 60s. I believe Sister Marie was my head mistresss, with several other nuns as a supporting cast. Very strict, they were!! Mark Gaskin
  7. N

Horrobin Family

Looking for info on parents of Joseph Horrobin (c1825) possibly in the Smethwick or Worcestershire area. Married to Mary shaw(c1830) Thanks Mark Gaskin
Back