• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Dan Pawson and his Artesian Hall Stompers TO BE MOVED

I'm not sure that this attempt to send an image has worked. I'll send it by email to Richard. Stan
  2. S

Dan Pawson and his Artesian Hall Stompers TO BE MOVED

Hi It's great to see this back again. I'm not sure I'm clear on the chronology yet, I'll have to look a bit closer and at greater length to ascertain what's missing. Anyway, having just had a quick scan, is this the "Dan in Cap' image that Richard referred to as a possible front to the liner...
  3. S

Drovers' Arms - Moat Lane

Hi Ian The book is called "Central Birmingham Pubs", author Joe McKenna. ISBN No. 0-7524-3873-5. It is part of a series called "Images of England" published by Tempus. www. tempus-publishing.com. I picked it up in "The Works" reduced to £9.99 from £12.99. It features pubs that are generally...
  4. S

Drovers' Arms - Moat Lane

Hi All I well remember playing with Dan at the Drovers. It became our regular gig either before or after the nearby Birmingham Arms indicating that one was closed before the other. We only generally moved when our regular haunt was up for demolition. Richard mentions the Warwick Castle which was...
Back