• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. O

Sheldon

Stars, hello. Your picture of Sheldon Heath School is good to see, especially as I reluctantly left the school at the time it was taken, 1959. I'd had a very enjoyable two years plus two terms there but my family moved to Kent where I finished my school days at a boys only school & missed the...
  2. O

Items that have faded away

When I was eating lunch the other day, this one popped into my head for no apparent reason:- UNOX pork luncheon meat. On hot summer days, Mom used to make it the interesting part of a salad tea. "Taste the pork" was its sales message according to some adverts (late 50's) that I found via...
  3. O

Items that have faded away

On behalf of my hard-working char lady Mom, who died in 1976, I'd like to mention two types of furniture polish she swore by; MANSION HOUSE LAVENDOE (probably got the spelling wrong but it did smell of lavender & came in a suitably coloured tin which was decorated with sprigs of lavender)...
  4. O

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

I hope your mother in law enjoyed her time at Cadbury's as much as i did. ASPIRE.
  5. O

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Concise, BOXING Milk Tray? Seconds out, Round one!:rolleyes: oldallens :wave:
  6. O

Sheldon Heath Comprehensive

'Afternoon, Ted & thanks for your amusing reply. We seem to've triggered a response from Ray (in Oz) who remembers you. As I've just said to him, I was in the year behind you guys, having started in 1956 when the school was so new there was only your year ahead of me. I had no idea there was a...
  7. O

Good to hear from you, Ray. Yes, it seems you were a year ahead of me & I can't recall that there was much common ground between the various years. One name from your era is memorable, JOHN KING, who shared part of my bus journey home so we chatted. Most of your teacher names I don't know so it...
  8. O

Robert, thanks for your reply. I've been able to make contact with one old classmate on Friends Reunited but now I know to search "Sheldon Heath Community School" I'll try again. I was unaware that a name change had taken place & was a bit baffled by some of the results I was getting on FR. Mind...
  9. O

Hello Bo, and thanks for your reply. Yes, it was the right educational formula at the time; there seemed to be so many different streams you could follow in the search for a suitable career path. Plus, the facilities were superb & I'm sad to think that the part where I spent two very happy years...
  10. O

SHELDON This thread has inspired me to send my first post! As a lad from Cotteridge/Kings Norton, in 1956 I was unaware of far-flung districts such as Sheldon but all that changed when I was told my Secondary education was to be at the brand new SHELDON HEATH COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL. I was one of...
Back