• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Miles Street

My father was born there in 1915, it was roughly where the island is near McDonalds just down from the Blues ground.
  2. J

Miles Street

Thanks Ashley. My father was born in Miles Street in 1915.
  3. J

Miles Street

Thanks Dakers.
  4. J

Lees Crockery old Market Hall and Ladypool Road

Cheers Astonian.
  5. J

Lees Crockery old Market Hall and Ladypool Road

Has any one any information about them?
  6. J

Miles Street

Thanks Michael.
  7. J

Miles Street

Many thanks.
  8. J

Miles Street

Any idea when these photos were taken and when Miles Street disappeared?
  9. J

Miles Street

Thanks Keith.
  10. J

Miles Street

I am trying to find out where Miles Street was. I think it may have been in the Bordesley area.
  11. J

Jasper Carrott

The bus route was the outter circle, which went near to Moneyhall Hospital ( where Bob Latchford's Dad worked) I boarded the bus near Sarehole Mill. I was the only passenger, when this enormous bloke in a big mack got on, and sat next to me. He persisted in accusing me of taking up too much...
  12. J

Anyone recall ROY MARTIN ?

I seem to recall it was RAY Martin.
  13. J

Dares Brewery

Re: dares brewery I worked at Davenports about 1970 -74, and I think Dares was taken over around then. Peter Murphy the old Blues player worked there too.
  14. J

Dares Brewery

I think it was where there is now a mosque.
  15. J

48th Anniversary of The Beatles playing in Kings Heath.

Well I was there, but other than remembering them dressed in black, and playing mainly Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly numbers, thats it.
Back