• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Witton Square

Utterly a fantastic collection of pictorial history. Just fannnnnnnntasticccccc.
  2. R

Pubs Of The Past

Superb old picture. Hope you guys and girls don't mind me asking here, does anyone who used the Victoria pub in Bordesley Green remember Lena and her daughter Caroline who ran it ? What has become of Lena does anyone know?
  3. R

Old street pics..

Great picture. I wonder if anyone remembers the old training centre on Tanworth Lane Shirley. It was called 'The Sans Souci' training centre. Some or even a single shot of it would be fantastic. Asking for a friend. Regards everyone. Cheers Redken
  4. R

Pub On Coventry Road ?

Thank you Phil. Very helpful.
  5. R

Pub On Coventry Road ?

Question for members. Can anyone recall the name of the pub that once stood where the old Wimbushes offices once were. I have been told it was a pub and it can just be seen in one or two shots of old Coventry Road showing the old library. It can just be seen in one of these old pictures. Nobody...
  6. R

Warwick Road

Phil many thanks.
  7. R

Warwick Road

Here is a photo for members to id if you don't mind. A pal of mine sent the shot and I just cannot identify its location. Any idea's lads / ladies ?
  8. R

Beamish Road, Small Heath

Here are 2 pictures one of which is Beamish Road . Pictures were taken from outside the Plume of Feathers pub. The 2nd shows residents on Miles Street heading into Beamish Road. Sorry that the picture quality isn't to good here, they are old Kodak neg pics taken between 1970 - 1980
  9. R

Canals of Birmingham

Thank's Vivienne. You know I was never quite sure of its purpose. As the canals were used extensively in the past I would assume it had an importance similar to your suggestion as a managerial /main lock point where it was a live in property connected to the operation of the canal system.
  10. R

Canals of Birmingham

Re: Canals of Birmingham 2 shots taken using black and white infra red film Here are another 3 pictures I took around the 1970s - 1980s. Location varying from Gas Street canal basin to Sandy Lane canal Bordesley
  11. R

Canals of Birmingham

Here is a re post of the first shot above. I found a print which is free from those wretched spots
  12. R

Canals of Birmingham

Here are 2 more shots from between 1970s - 1980s. Apologies for poor quality of first shot. Mislaid neg so pumped up the resolution to scan from contact sheet resulting in dust specks. 1st picture is a dredged canal basin looking at Bordesley storage depot. 2nd shot is a much younger me...
  13. R

Canals of Birmingham

Thanks Lyn, I do have more shots I took on that same day. I recall using the Long Boat myself although only a couple of times with my brother back then, It was very nice inside. I will try to find the pics and post when I can.
  14. R

Canals of Birmingham

Here are a few shots I took between the 1970s - 1980s around the Gas Street basin area's including a shot of the Long Boat pub. These were taken using infra-red B&W film which accounts for them being grainy.
  15. R

Double Zero Club

Changing the theme a little here chaps ...can I ask if any of you bikers recall using a club referred to as the 100 club meaning you have rode your bikes at that speed. If so, what was the name and where about's of it? My brother was a biker with his good pal back then, a friend told me they had...
  16. R

Bordesley Park Road

Certainly is the chippie Koppite. I have eaten from there, a little greasy for a tanner but great days.
  17. R

Small heath

Lilly, a friend has informed me that this is actually Bordesley Park Road as you have stated. ( I left a message contesting the location ) Some time in the early 1960s it was changed to Bolton Road. So please except my apology for jumping the gun before knowing for sure. And thank you so much...
  18. R

Watery Lane

Thank you so much for these posts they are fantastic
  19. R

Bordesley Park Road

Thank you so much Astoness for posting these, They are treasured memories from a child to an aldult. A little tear and a little smile. If its ok with you I have saved these for my family to see on my fb. Again thank you I have been looking forever to find some of the shots you have placed here...
  20. R

Bordesley Park Road

Fully agree mhemery, indeed mc'gauleys sold bikes, toys, toys, and toys all sorts of interesting stuff, and more bikes. Fantastic shop prior to the bulldozer. Just out of interest went in their lots to buy our footballs, and for cricket, balls, bats ect.
Back